The World Of Twilight
May 07, 2024, 04:12:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Salute 2012  (Read 12535 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 21, 2012, 05:28:10 am »

Ugh... 5:15am is far far too early! Especially when I spent half the night thinking through what I might have forgotten. As usual, I'm excited and a bit terrified!
I'll try and post on this thread a few times today with updates etc so you can see how it's going...
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:33:31 am »

I opted for the option of simply not sleeping. Got a train in 52 minutes, and my bags and case are packed. Quite looking forward to it really. Also finished that sculpt, sans a few tweaks. Meh, it's close enough.

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:22:20 am »

Good Luck Mate! I know you're going to kill it.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 06:43:11 am »

Good luck and see you there!

HN
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »

Not many updates in this thread, but I've got back from Salute (20 minutes ago actually) and unpacked all my loot. Here's what I managed -

'A lot' of Twilight.
2 Warp Hunters and the Enforcer show model from Forge World.
Couple of really cheap GW things on the bring and buy - £38 instead of £139 rrp. Holy crap, that's a bit of a saving, especially as it was lovely metal and not finecast.
7 Mongoose Sky Surfers, 5 Eldar Howling Banshees, Jain Zar and a Warp Spider Exarch for £10 from the Mongood random bits bin, bargain. RRP would be £60-ish, though I'll need to dig in to the bits box to replace the banshee sword arms.
Maxmini evil heads or something - Blood Pact.
Heresy Wereturtle.
4 mini plush Cthulus.

That was it for me. As it was only my third Salute, the overall vibe was good, but it seemed far less busy. I didn't hear any announcement for the best games tables, or painting, or raffle. Rev managed to nab most innovative game for Shadows on Froth Street though, pretty nice trophy.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 09:10:03 pm »

Twas a great day. More than a little tired now!
Really good to see lots of people from the forum Smiley
Particular thanks to geckilian and tuffskull for looking after the game table for a while so some of our minions could have a break!
I've got a few photos I'll post at some point...
Mrs Carcharoth
Blue Penguin of Doom!
Development Team
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:44:25 pm »

Particular thanks to geckilian and tuffskull for looking after the game table for a while so some of our minions could have a break!

Who are you calling Minions  Tongue
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:37:48 pm »

I picked up...
A twilight laden Belan
Da Clash mini: Gobleon
the rulebook for carneval
The rulebook for Hell dorado
The rulebook for Critical mass
The rulebook for the second expansion of Freebooters fate.

Was great to see things that I would normally miss online. and yeah...I like rulebooks Tongue

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:31 am »

Who are you calling Minions  Tongue

Certainly not you - I don't have a death wish!  Wink

@megatron. I should have probably picked up a couple more rulebooks on my brief walk around the show - I would have quite liked to see all those you listed... I got distracted by Dropzone Commander. It's an upcoming 10mm scifi game. Very nicely designed and presented, but they didn't actually have anything available at salute...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:05:21 am by Carcharoth » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 10:43:17 am »

Photos! Sorry they are rather low quality...

Early morning set-up was a somewhat chaotic affair...

Set-up was interrupted when Jules got herself arrested by Stormtroopers. They let her off in the end. Apparently she wasn't the girl they were looking for.

The final stand, all set up and being manned by Gill. If you look carefully you can see the prototype box sets and blister packs.

This is the only photo I took of the demo game - hopefully somebody else was more organised!

Steve, Martin, Ben and Paul did an excellent job manning the demo table (generously hosted by Hasslefree). They were also helped by Tuffskull and Geckilian, which was immensely useful! They had quite a few games playtesting a mixed force of Chris' and my Dhogu.

Dark Wolf
Hatchling

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »

This is the only photo I took of the demo game - hopefully somebody else was more organised!

That would be me getting hooked in the World of Twilight and just before lightening my wallet.    Shocked Cheesy
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 08:59:00 pm »

I spotted that Drop Zone Commander, it looked like a pretty swish lot of minis etc for a company that hasn't started selling yet.

I got me a good bag of Twilight bits...
Dhogu Special Patrol
Dhogu Spear Unit
2 Dhogu Yirnak Riders
2 Devanu Kosoks
Devanu Spear
KalGush
Bag of bits
militia spears

FW Umbra bolters x2
FW Heavy Weapons
FW Contemptor Lascannon

Some bases

A Dragon from Bushido (I'm going to paint it up for our son Mael, born this year - year of the water dragon)

Cathy (the wife Wink ) picked up a Death from MicroArt which I should be painting

...I think that's about it but am a bit spaced out now so could have missed some bits, lol.

Great to see the stall busy and I think you had one of the best stalls at the show! Cheesy

HN
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 09:22:04 pm »

Smiley I had a great day at Salute, nice to meet some of the forum members and had a game with the Dhogu .

some pictures below Tuffskull's  -Empire  and Geckilian's - Devanu in mid game and one of the demo table

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 09:33:36 pm »

Thanks for sharing the photos! Nice to see at least one photo of the little board  Smiley
Mrs Carcharoth
Blue Penguin of Doom!
Development Team
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 09:38:22 pm »

Cathy (the wife Wink ) picked up a Death from MicroArt which I should be painting

That's funny, I bought Death last year, the dressed as father Christmas one, still haven't got around to painting him yet!! One day maybe!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: