The World Of Twilight
May 13, 2024, 04:08:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Painting Log- Late, but (Hopefully) Plentiful...  (Read 31292 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »

getting on for 3 months later.... wow....

I've failed completely to paint much of anything since January this year and not a spot of twilight since my last post Sad

However, Salute is coming up fast, I've abandoned house hunting for a while, and it'd be a shame to have a lot of unpainted metal BEFORE the show.... I have work to do...  Grin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:19:48 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »

I know how that feels i painted on average 70+ figures a month January- november 2011 and then from December 2011 untill now 27 figures 8 of them for Twilight

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

indeed. January is always a dead month for me as I have to do my tax return, and thus am out of the house every moment I can possibly justify to avoid that, but this year that theory seems to have lasted 3 months!

6 herders have taken faaaar too long, but are now completed bar the basing which I'll do when I've hopefully completed a few more pieces before Salute.

Next up is an engineer since my original was stolen a year ago for my competition entry  Grin  (which, now I think of it, I STILL haven't finished either....  Embarrassed )

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »

OK, so I lied. Got sidetracked and Just finished a quick juvenile Fubarnii.... NOW I'll paint the Engineer!

All goes according to plan, I'll post WIP Pics tomorrow.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »

How about a finished pic of the Fubarnii jenta? Wink

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 07:07:54 pm »

well they'll all be without bases, so still WIP, but I'll include pics of all previously unposted stuff when I get my camera back from Kim tomorrow Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 01:01:06 pm »

Error after error trying to post these, but here's the WIP pictures from the week so far. Not taken using my usual rig, so apologies for the poor pics. I'll be painting on & off amongst my usual weekend fair, so more pics by the end of tomorrow I hope!

The little Jenta. Thought about copying the studio piece with some funky patterning, but went with a peasant kid instead - easier, quicker, and wont look out of place next to the poor level terrain I'll build if & when I get around to doing some!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2012, 01:07:59 pm »

The 6 hunters - completed other than basing

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2012, 01:09:29 pm »

And the engineer finally under way, along with another distraction...

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »

Looking good Tuffskull, I especially like the contrasting colour of the young Jenta's toy.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 07:33:19 pm »

Looking good! It'll be great to see these at salute  Grin
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 07:00:41 pm »

Thanks guys. I'm very much looking forward to putting them to use at Salute!

Bases are still not finished, so I've not put them in front of the camera properly yet I'm afraid, but I'll get pics soon after, if not before the show of everything I get done.

Commander Brenar, Captain Danomar and 2 Knights of Relan are on the bench now, but once again, I'm taking far more time on them than I was expecting!

Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 07:53:48 pm »

Looks good! I like those staff-slingers Smiley
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »

Nice work on those! If you're looking forward to testing them at Salute, I'll happily give you a game.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »

thanks guys!

Geckilian - You're on!

I ended up learning Dystopian wars at the club last night as much as doing anything productive, but Thanks to being washed off the scaffold this morning, I've got some more work done.

All the bases are now finished, the Engineer has had his eye lens painted which I'd forgotten about previously and the Knights of Relan are almost there as well. Pictures later this evening- We're rolling the dice again and going to tempt fate back up the scaff trying to repair a victorian chimney.... Yeah, I know, We're going to get soaked....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: