The World Of Twilight
May 05, 2024, 10:35:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Super secret project  (Read 49014 times)
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 10:08:30 pm »

What you could do is have a "bank" on either side, and have two boards connected by a bridge. Or have a double-size board with a central lake that had a hole someone could stand in to move troops...

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 11:12:07 pm »

What you could do is have a "bank" on either side, and have two boards connected by a bridge. Or have a double-size board with a central lake that had a hole someone could stand in to move troops...
Or raise the whole thing up and build a complex tunnel system beneath... There's still a month to go - plenty of time.
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 11:55:23 pm »

I was talking about next year. Just think I should clarify before a certain angry and frustrated explosives engineer and board designer decides that this particular Jenta has annoyed him a little too much.  Tongue

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 06:28:30 pm »

Nah, I'm not the angry type.

Mike's suggestion is something we seriously discussed and something I would like to do one day.

That and a vertical board - a ramshackle stair and walkway apparatus up a 6 foot cliff with entrances into cave systems and mines, complete with hoists and pulleys and cranes.

Maybe next year.

Just maybe. 

Maybe.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 10:00:38 pm »

well i spent the weekend putting together 150 styrene kits - thats over 250 sheets of laser cut styrene all hand bagged along with all the 4mm magnets, tiny pieces of balcony rail all hand cut from 1.3mm diameter styrene rod etc

and even then i ran out of magnets and rod.

Oh, and I managed to put together 3 wall sections!

So that's just 2 towers, 2 wall sections, 3 bridges and 4 watchtowers to build and paint in the next 3 weeks! Plus a case to make for the board, retouch the stone paintwork, assemble and paint around 30 fubarnii and beasts, and design and print the display signs for the display ...

piece of piss!

i was feeling ok with this after the board came together - now i'm not so sure!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 01:00:14 pm »

progress...

More on blog ...

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 01:04:36 pm »

Looking good! Reckon you'll manage to finish it on time?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 01:31:24 pm »

That is definitely good progress! Can't wait to see it finished  Smiley
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 01:32:08 pm »

I don't do failing.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »

This board is looking really cool. I'm jealous I'm not going to be seeing it in person.

Is that a river flowing under the bridge or a road?

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 05:45:43 pm »

That's a road - we'll be having a large trade caravan heading towards the walls (and that gate in particular) with a bunch of rather unfriendly Devanu chasing them!

Hopefully we'll have enough militia/civilians to 'man' the walls and make the whole place look a bit more occupied.
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 08:29:06 pm »

I don't do failing.

Now, that's the spirit  Smiley

Only if I could send some coffee to you to get you through it, but it would probably get there after Salute.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2011, 10:15:27 pm »

That's a road - we'll be having a large trade caravan heading towards the walls (and that gate in particular) ...

Gate?

Oh BOLLOCKS

I knew there was something in the back of my head that I hadn't made yet!

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:48 pm »

Its a dirt road leading along the board until it meets the entrance to the fortifications which are carved into the rock, so it transitions between dirt and the rises up the stone slope, right in front of the manned battlements where the glorious fubarnii will be able to rain down death (and probably buckets of poo) onto the attacking Delgon scum and their ludicrously infeasible striders....

Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2011, 10:28:43 pm »

Its a dirt road leading along the board until it meets the entrance to the fortifications which are carved into the rock, so it transitions between dirt and the rises up the stone slope...

I posted about that on the FoD earlier but I haven;t been back there yet so I don't know if you saw it, but basically the transition is a bit harsh. I am not convinced that there even needs to be a transition at all since the land is similar on the hills as it in on the plain so the road could be the same, but even if it is not then the the transition should be a lot smoother

Having said that I like the way this is heading

Grand work so far
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: