The World Of Twilight
May 10, 2024, 03:38:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: next show  (Read 15682 times)
frog of dhoom
Jenta

« on: April 18, 2011, 06:30:22 pm »

it probably says somewhere around here but what is the next show you guys are at, and will there be Fubarnii civilians to buy Cheesy
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:00:02 pm »

theres the UK games expo in June is twilight going to be there?

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:19:02 pm »

never again....

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:22 am »

I've only ever done Salute as a show (excluding my first demo game at Fiasco up in Leeds over ten years ago), and I haven't got any immediate plans to do another one. My daughter does make travel a bit more tricky (there's no way I'd get even the small board in a car with her), but I wouldn't completely write off the idea...

Civilians? Does that mean you've been reading the new rulebook?
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 08:55:08 am »

It'd certainly be interesting to see Twilight at more shows - means I'd have more travelling to do as well, heh.

As for civilians, currently there are the 2 children, and maybe you could use herders with weapons removed?

frog of dhoom
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:04:46 am »

by civilians i was thinking traders herders children and elders. But i think i probably will remove some of the herders weapons as i am looking for unarmed peeps. Also i was wondering whats the best way to either make or buy Fubarnii buildings
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 10:05:47 am »

Also i was wondering whats the best way to either make or buy Fubarnii buildings

Wow, almost an hour has passed and Brandlin hasn't turned up yet! You certainly need to talk to Alan - his kits are a great way to make buildings for the Empire and it was those kits that were used to build the terrain at Salute. I've scratch built buildings in the past from various tubes and containers but it's kinda useful to have a kit that gives guidance. I'm planning to try and build a big Fubarnii building from several kits at some point...

One of the new scenarios looks for 8 civilians. I've not done quite that many yet, but I'm working on it. At the moment you've got the herder, the elder, two youngsters and various Enuk/scrats that would do the job. Mark is looking at some alternate arms for the herders so I might suggest he does some less violent options at the same time...
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:01 pm »

I've only ever done Salute as a show (excluding my first demo game at Fiasco up in Leeds over ten years ago), and I haven't got any immediate plans to do another one.

Awww Sad Its a shame as the Uk games expo is massive and extends over a couple of days.the potential new customers could be massive! But if you ever need support/help running conventions i'll be happy to take part! Cheesy

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:07:06 pm »

Huh? Whaddi miss??

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 08:10:49 pm »

Megaton. I can't speak for mike, but for me the time commitment and financial outlay to just to get to shows and buy a stand means I lose money. I'm not moaning about it, after all I chose to go to salute, but I'm out of pocket by around £300 for the privilege of standing up all day and selling so hard I didn't even get the opportunity to look round.

If I did something else I'd certainly have to be very selective.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:13:38 pm by Brandlin » Logged

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »

Thats harsh. I can understand that the whole process must be exhausting for you both. Perhaps You should have a volunteer programme in place?
Another game I play (Warmachine) have people called Pressgangers these are essentially unpaid voluneteers who help run events for the company across the country whether in game shops or cons
It might not be something Twilight wants to go down but it might be worth a thought Smiley

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »

Salute is a fantastic way to meet people who are playing and encourage others to start. We actually did much better this year than before and I really enjoyed it. The last few months have been a tad stressful getting everything ready, but each year Salute marks a big milestone and drives me to push everything forward another step. I'm now buzzing with lots of ideas of stuff I want to do next!

I have no idea how I would sort the logistics for another show - but I'm sure it wouldn't be insurmountable. The UK Games expo would be a great option and might be a possibility at some point. Probably not this year (although I've not actually checked when it is - quite soon though as Steve was taking his WM force there...), and if I did it it would be a much smaller affair. Another option would be Fiasco as I've got family up in Leeds.

The pressganger idea is certainly a good one (what's not to like about free labour?) - if you (or anybody else) have any good ideas for how that could be implemented then I'd be open to suggestions. There could certainly be some perks to that sort of role (early access to new minis for one thing).
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 08:16:02 pm »

Right Well Here are my suggestions
Every applicant Must submit a photo of a starter set (small) ( fully painted) This shows you that they are capable of demo-ing the game to new players with a painted force.
Twilight volunteers must be available to attend/help Twilight conventions at least once a year.
Twilight volunteers Should try and demo the game as much as possible to new players and advertise the product to games retailers and stores.
Perhaps running tournaments as well. Regional/national/World?
Twilight volunteers will strive to increase the profile of the game at all times. They should show new players the beautiful world and its inhabitants and demonstrate the unique and strategic game design.
These are just what I think would make a great volunteer workforce. Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:30:41 am by Megatron0 » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 08:45:56 pm »

If anybody does all of megatron's suggestions then I'll create a role just for them  Cheesy

Anybody who would like to demo the game should drop me a line if they want support - same goes for tourneys. If I get a few volunteers then I'll put something more formal in place   Smiley
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 09:13:14 pm »

I just read my post above and realise that I probably sound far too negative. Sorry about that.

I applaud megatrons suggestion, and I'm sure mike would welcome such help in promoting the game.

Mike already has a willin band of "minions" that turn up the day, and their help is invaluable, and the fact they have pitched in to help me too was awesome and I owe them a huge thank you.

However the really big issue with the shows for me will be getting help bEfore the events to build and paint kits and boards and pack stuff.  I have a pretty demanding job, and it's time I need.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: