The World Of Twilight
May 02, 2024, 03:16:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Empire WiP  (Read 14623 times)
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 04:44:39 pm »

I really like the paint scheme you have chosen for your Enuks and I am intersted in seeing how your Knights turn out.  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 11:59:50 am »

Wow, these are great. Such a different approach and such a great result.

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 10:00:03 pm »

Bit more progress. I wasn't sure what colour to paint the Fubarnii. I didn't think they showed enough skin to do a dinosaur pattern and I wanted them to be brighter to contrast well with the dark armour. As a test I painted them all different colours to see what looked best, then got carried away and painted the rest also. Blue, Green and Tan work really well which is unsurprising. I'm not so sure about the red or purple - maybe a step too far! I might paint over them. Undecided as yet. Please ignore my dogs nose in the background!

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 01:17:55 am »

they're definitely vibrant.   Grin   I do like the color interaction of the mounted purple knight and the Enuk,  but I think your instincts are sound to stay with a more neutral choice for the skin tone.  having seen how the purple comes out though, I might experiment with using a little splash on some of my own critters or beasts when I get to them.   Wink
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 08:03:31 am »

Have to agree, if it were down to me to cut a couple of tones, it would be the purple and red I'd drop, but the vibrant look is nice to see as it's completely different. Personal preference - the blue comes through as a surprise winner for me. Keep it up - great work!

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 01:37:05 pm »

I'm with the others i that I don't think the purple works as well as the other but I'm loving how the red and blue looks.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 05:52:49 pm »

Really nice work there Smiley

Now I don't need to try too much, because first is already taken Wink
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 07:41:02 pm »

These are very well painted. But I have to agree about the red and purple as well.
While wonderful executed, the red and purple don't seem to match with your enuks.
The blue looks great on the leader and looks more like a natural lizard colour.
Overall an amazing job, I'm in awe.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 01:09:22 pm »

Those look great!
I should complain about the fubarnii skin tones, but I'll just assume they've been using body paint  Smiley
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »

Thanks for the comments. I agree though - I think I've been a bit over the top with the red and purple! Looks like a re paint might be in order this weekend... I'll probably re-do the stronger colours and paint them beige/brown. Red could work if it was pale but everytime I try to paint pale red things just end up looking very pink!
As a side question do people paint the combat stones or initiate stones at all?

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 09:00:57 pm »

I've seen some painted combat stones here on the forum (black and gold if I remember well).
But I'm not planning to paint my resin copies.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:22 pm »

It's always a shame to see models painted over, especially when they look good! If you would like me to send you a couple of (free) replacement militia instead then let me know  Smiley

Are you using resin or metal initiative stones? I certainly wouldn't paint the metal stones, except for the symbols. What I would do is trim the stones off their sprues and paint the symbols (green for defence, red for attack). Then put the stones into a small pot (I used an icecream container) and shake them really violently for a few minutes. That gives the stones a burnished finished that I like!

I'm not sure about resin stones and initiative counters. You could paint them, but it isn't too necessary, except for the symbols on the stones. If you paint the initiative stones then you need to make sure they won't feel too different from unpainted stones (or paint all your different sets in the same manner).
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 10:27:36 am »

It's always a shame to see models painted over, especially when they look good! If you would like me to send you a couple of (free) replacement militia instead then let me know  Smiley

I know - I'm not sure if I can make myself paint over them! Although I've just had a look at Tuffskull's Clan Orel from the Jan Challenge and they look really good as a unit with similar skin tones. On the other hand free miniatures are always welcome!!!
I'm off to salute next month and will have to put a pre-order in anyway for more World of Twilight goodness...

Almost finished these guys now, just need to get some grass on the bases and take a proper photo. I tired painting Engineer Beru's trousers in a tartan pattern, didn't take a photo, but it was a bit beyond my painting skill, so I settled with putting some stripy trousers on the Militia Captain instead.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 12:03:13 pm »

looking good! this is one of my favorite models in the range and I like seeing the different paint schemes for it.

I have painted my combat stones to look as actual stone for the Devanu and as wood for the Empire ( hope to have some pictures up by next week ). when I get a breather I will also paint the Delgon stones to look as metal. the initiative stones I will also paint but to a lesser extent. I will wash the faction stones to give them some pop, and see if I can duplicate the Twilight logo on the combat ones. but I will varnish them so they all have the same feel.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 06:13:39 pm »

Your militia captain just looks outright amazing. Very dark and realistic, with the striped trousers he reminds me a bit of 'the Witcher' game.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: