The World Of Twilight
May 06, 2024, 04:53:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Update  (Read 2997 times)
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« on: August 19, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »

I'm sure you'll be delighted/relieved to hear that we're currently working on an update of the website. In this first instance it will largely take the form of a re-organisation of the existing structure/assets but will also include a couple of new areas to make it easier to update. Out of date or redundant text will be taken care of as will more pics of minis.

In the interests of keeping the communication going we've outlined the broad changes below. Did we miss anything or can you think of an opportunity to add something? Keep in mind that this is not a total re-brand of the site as we have one on the cards in 2013...

Changes;
1.   The Twilight logo linked to a News Page/blog;
 a.   News: As is but called out in the menu options and updated regularly or a blog installed.

2.   About: New page which is effectively the existing homepage. Add in a drawings from each faction and edit the text

3.   The World: Pretty much as is but we've pruned it down to world and limited faction histories.
 a.   Cultures: Refresh the images and add far more detail and smaller pictures in the sub-pages . This text can be updated as more ramblings come on line.
 b.   History: We're going to make it more about the history of the world than the empire (which is covered under Cultures)
 c.   Resources: re-purpose this section completely for sharable art assets, fiction etc...

4.   The Game: A summary of the game including some examples
 a.   Rules: As is...
 b.   Factions: re-purpose this area to cover each factions playing style, tactics and painting advice. This will be a good place to link to articles from the forum or indeed for player generated content.
 c.   Gallery: This will receive a face lift as well as the addition of all the current miniatures.

5.   Community: link to the Forum.
 a.   I'd also like to include links to community sites/blogs where Twilight is discussed/shown

We'll be working on this in the next two weeks so now is the time to comment/suggest!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:56:54 pm by Pyre » Logged

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:43:26 pm »

... AND WE ARE LIVE!

Many thanks to all involved and we hope you like it.

This will not be the end of the updates. besides a regular series of news updates we have two planned page updates for September and we need your input for both.
  • Resources: Our first really is about what you want to see in the currently empty Resources page? It can be anything related to the world/game. This could be articles on painting, tactics, background fiction etc… 
  • Gamers Gallery: We’re keen to show people what our players can do so we’ll be working on a gamers gallery for the site in the same vein as the Miniatures page. do you fancy having your paint jobs shown off? Get in touch if you do!

As with anything new there will be a snag list generated over the next few weeks but if you find a dead link please let us know via PM or at info@worldoftwilight.com

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:49:08 pm »

Dates on the website ...

Sorry, it is probably just me. If it is I can go and crawl back under a stone.
Is there any way we can have the dates on the website the right way round? I can't cope with the back-to-front dates - they just seem like random collections of numbers and it takes me quite a while of staring at them to work out when they are supposed to be!

Rant over! I'll go back to sleep now.
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 12:02:02 am »

An easy fix mate, I'll update the site on Wednesday.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: