The World Of Twilight
May 15, 2024, 08:42:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DELGON: My first lot of Twilight Mini's Painted! [IMAGE HEAVY]  (Read 7279 times)
HannahFKW
Jenta

« on: April 26, 2011, 06:30:47 pm »

Okay so after buying my first lot of model's at Salute I am now hooked to the whole story/game/everything/anything to do with twilight! Cheesy
I have a bit of each of the races, but my first mini game was to be the Delgon vs. Devanu, so had to quickly paint these little guys up, took me about a day which I'm quite happy with! Smiley

Slightly different colour scheme to the norm, but I like it Smiley
(Also, please ignore the bent speare on my strider, but I dropped him just as I was about to take photo's oh him, and he cam apart at the leg and only noticed his spear was ever so slightly bent when uploading the photo's)  Huh

I hope you like them all.
Han.

clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »

Fantastic job Smiley A nice selection of colours and I think the game and Delgon's a still that new that they don't have a set colour scheme yet.

Everything is very well done - but I'm most impressed with the metal work on the strider. Hs's an excellent centrepiece for the little Delgon force here.

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:14:22 pm »

Wow, painted in a day...lovely work!

HN
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:52:42 pm »

Great job Hannah fantastic paint jobs!   Smiley

Can't wait to see your take on my favourite race.....the Devanu  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:54 pm »

I like that colour scheme!
The 'official' paint scheme is all black armour and drab clothing, but nice to see some variants. I might however adopt the bright helmets for a particular group within the Delgon culture at some point...
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:11:25 am »

Wow, these are very nice! The colours work really well together, and that turquoise blue draws the eyes to interesting bits of the models.

I'm mostly super-impressed/jealous that you did these in a day though! Shocked  I'm a glacially slow painter, and therefore always appreciate nice models painted quickly all the more.  Tongue
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:21:51 am »

Very Nice, probably my favorite Delgon paint scheme so far.  Keep it up Smiley

I'm a glacially slow painter,

I think we might be related, because I'm a glacially slow painter also.  I just tell my friends my favorite color is silver  Grin
HannahFKW
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 08:35:58 am »

Ah thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like them, I was a bit worried that the colour scheme I chose might have been a bit too colourful for them...

like that colour scheme!
The 'official' paint scheme is all black armour and drab clothing, but nice to see some variants. I might however adopt the bright helmets for a particular group within the Delgon culture at some point...

Thanks, maybe they could be a special section of the delgon or something?!?  Huh
I started off painting the Acolytes at first and thought I'd tie the rest of the guys in with shadow grey sleeves and the yellow/ochre helmets Smiley

Han Grin
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:35:26 am »

Those are some wonderful Delgon, it's lovely to see some brighter ones. The Acolyte and Strider look especially striking.

inrepose
Hatchling

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »

Really nice work and those mushrooms in the background look like perfect shelter! Smiley
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 03:09:18 pm »

Really nice to see more painted mini's! and Im envious of people with Delgon Tongue
They look a bit shiny though so i imagine your using a gloss varnish? If you put a coat of matt varnish over it it will take the shine off but keep the protection.

HannahFKW
Jenta

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 03:40:25 pm »

Heya, yeah I glossed them at first and just went over a few of the area's with matt (like the clothes), but in the photo's they still look really glossy, probs just the lighting because they're not too bad in person, but I decided to leave the metal/skin/hooves/orb shiny...

Glad you like them all tho  Smiley
Han.

Really nice work and those mushrooms in the background look like perfect shelter!

Ha ha ha yeah, I was thinking about using them with the twilight mini's, they're really strange as most of them have faces on them or teeth or something weird like that Tongue
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:41:59 pm by HannahFKW » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: