The World Of Twilight
May 07, 2024, 09:46:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Fubarnii - Beating the 51-week shame....  (Read 7795 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 19, 2011, 05:54:58 pm »

Hi all,

After the shame that it took me 51 weeks to get around to painting a single Enuk knight after salute 2010, I've upped my game a little this year and finished off a few more pieces.  Smiley

C&C welcomed - they're not amazing, but they're great fun to paint Cheesy

Unfortunately I now realise that after all my talking and purchasing at salute, I never picked up the replacement shields which was all I really intended to get on the day having totally lost mine. As such, the knights still need their defences upgraded at some point, but they'll do for now!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 06:13:25 pm »

Very nice and vibrant colours there. If you don't mind me asking, what colours did you use for the flesh and enuks?

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:00:05 pm »

I really like these! good job Cheesy

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »

Very nice and vibrant colours there. If you don't mind me asking, what colours did you use for the flesh and enuks?

thanks guys Smiley

For the skin of the Fubarnii itself, its Citadel Vermin brown. Washed with Windsor & newton peat brown ink, then highlighted with VB again, and then a couple of layers adding in some Citadel Bleached bone.

The skin of the Enuk's is done using the citadel foundation paints, laying a couple of mixes from Orkhide shade through to Gnarloc Green. I think I added one final highlight above the gnarloc green, but I forget what I added - might have been either camo green, or back to the bleached bone... I was only painting last week.. my memory's terrible!  Undecided

I should also note, I took them down to my local (Guildford) games club this week and ran a couple of demo games. Both models and rules were well received. Hope to be playing a couple more games this Monday, and spreading the twilight bug a little further  Wink

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:27:01 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:59:47 pm »

I think they look cool. Demo games? Does that mean you have some painted Devanu too?

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:44 pm »

I like em  Smiley
Send me your address and I'll sort you some shields.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »

I applaud the cohesive look of your force well done. Not so sure of the enuk skin, but it'll grow on me I'm sure... Looks a little unnatural, expected something more ... Muted.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:53:54 pm »

I applaud the cohesive look of your force well done. Not so sure of the enuk skin, but it'll grow on me I'm sure... Looks a little unnatural, expected something more ... Muted.

I think of them as lil yoshi's Cheesy

TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 11:10:00 am »

Pretty damn awesome. Nice painting.
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:39:10 pm »

That's a really nice looking force you've got there

Thumbs up!
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 06:16:05 pm »

Thanks all  Smiley

I think they look cool. Demo games? Does that mean you have some painted Devanu too?

Unfortunately not yet. I have a Kopa and 4 grishak waiting to be done, but they're behind my engineer, another knight captain and 3 more knights. Unfortunately all of that is on hold until mid-june - I've somehow talked myself into painting 5 Giants (varying from little reaper ones, to the massive Otherworld one!) before a local gaming event, so my brushes and putty pushers are totally booked for a few weeks. I will, of course, post anything as and when I get it done!

A fair point. I wanted to see how the foundation paints worked when mixed, so used these colours on the first knight. It wasn't what I initially had in mind for them either, but I surprised myself in liking the result none the less, so it stuck! as noted, I have another unit of knights, so I might play with more skin variety in amongst them.

Thanks again for the feedback - more soon I hope  Grin

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 07:19:43 pm »

the result none the less, so it stuck! as noted, I have another unit of knights, so I might play with more skin variety in amongst them.

Thanks again for the feedback - more soon I hope  Grin

I look forward to seeing more knight variety Cheesy keep 'em comin'!

Grimmtooth
Jenta

Eat what can be eaten

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 12:34:16 pm »

Yeh those little bad boys are rude, Im liking the red armour which is not overworked and they

look like they gonna put up some resistance like plucking a turtle " smmooochh , POP ".

Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: