The World Of Twilight
May 07, 2024, 01:38:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first knight!  (Read 6077 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: June 19, 2011, 03:19:54 pm »

These days i dont get much time for painting anymore since my cruel american taskmasters work me like a dog but I did manage to finish of my Fubarnii knight...Enipel style Cheesy
The Lanak does not like knights as they cannot be bought (dam oaths!) but oath-breakers are always welcome in the Free city
Here is the willing first recruit to the Lanaks coin

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:33:13 pm »

Looks good Megatron. I especially like the skin colour on the Enuk.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »

Thanks HN!
I wanted a darker/natural tone as my Fubarnii are so bright I wanted something more earthy and worn.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:19:06 pm »

I like what you've done with him!
I agree with HN about the colour scheme on the enuk - very nice.

How upset would you be if I pointed out that you've put the shield on upside down?
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 05:22:12 pm »

Hmmm upside-down shield you say?...Or Mark of the Oath breakers?!!!??

either way its on there now Grin

Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:03:45 pm »

The model looks really nice.

I'm not too keen with the white and gold shield/spear , but I bet it will look nice with a full unit.

I'm not sure how much gold there is in the world?  I would probably reserve gold for the knights on the Enuk Nobilis.

Things are looking good though, keep it up.  Smiley
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 07:13:57 pm »

Thanks! If your wondering why the riches on the weapons check out my Enipel clan background!
Rival merchant lords and the Lanak equip their soldiers with the finest adorned weapons. These act as status symbols in the free city. Thats why they look so fancy  Wink
My militia also have them as well

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 07:39:19 pm »

That's one of the coolest bits of expanding the fluff for the clans, the way it feeds into painting and modeling. In my opinion at least.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 08:16:37 pm »

That's one of the coolest bits of expanding the fluff for the clans, the way it feeds into painting and modeling. In my opinion at least.

HN

Agreed! It certainly affects how I paint my twilight Cheesy and its just good fun! Like you ghost claws  Cheesy

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 08:44:29 am »

Heavens' forbid they soil their expensive uniforms and dull exquisite blades defending the trade caravan. The wash house bills alone afterward would cripple any cartel. Wink

I do like the fluff aspect, quite believable considering how self-important the trader clans appear to be.

- T.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »

Heavens' forbid they soil their expensive uniforms and dull exquisite blades defending the trade caravan. The wash house bills alone afterward would cripple any cartel. Wink

It is known that the lanak owns all the cleaning houses and 'smiths in the free City. Its just good business Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: