The World Of Twilight
May 12, 2024, 07:21:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: First Twilight video!  (Read 10563 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 17, 2011, 06:55:08 pm »

Hello!
Well as I said In my opening post I plan to document my whole process of playing and collecting twilight so I did a video looking at what you get in the small starter set. Its not too in depth but hopefully some people on other forums (where i have also posted it) will look at it and be interested in the game Cheesy
so i'll post the link up! sorry if i have pronounced anything wrong! i have terrible problems with that sorta stuff! but hope its still worth your time!
Also wasnt sure where to post this so I thought what the hell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMK8fPkwGVw

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:24 pm »

An excellent idea! Rather than zoming across both pages continuously, maybe it'd help to have some shots of double-page spreads from further away? Very nice review by the way.

I do agree that scenario play is the main focus, but surely 1,500 points-a-side games are also very viable.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:46:21 pm »

An excellent idea! Rather than zoming across both pages continuously, maybe it'd help to have some shots of double-page spreads from further away? Very nice review by the way.

I do agree that scenario play is the main focus, but surely 1,500 points-a-side games are also very viable.

Ah Taken into account! I shall deffo do a follow up video where I do a rules brake-down with some sexy shots of the rulebook Grin
The camera was abit dodgy because it was from my phone :/ yeah turning pages and holding phones is haaard!
But thanks for the feedback!

Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:25:10 am »

This was actually a nice video, good work.  Might want to have a link to this pinned somewhere.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 01:43:14 am »

Thanks! If it helps get new players involved then the video was a success. Cheesy

frog of dhoom
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:01:48 am »

Yeah great review  Cheesy
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »

Finally got in front of a computer to watch this. Neatly done and kinda cool to see the review of my game  Smiley

I'm working on new spears for the militia now!
If any of your spears are damaged then let me know and I'll send replacements.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:59 pm »

Yeah my spears were a little bendy but I got an extra one in there for some reason Cheesy so it works out fine.
Ill also be doing some how to play videos as soon as i can get my models painted and work out some editing wizardry.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 07:25:14 am »

Cool review Megatron.

Next time you could ink the models before filming which should help the camera focus on them.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »

Ahh I never thought of doing that! though that does mean I would need some black ink Tongue
great tip there!

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 11:43:15 am »

I'm working on new spears for the militia now!

Coolies, any idea when they will be available? Not trying to rush you Mike as I have a fair bit to do before I can start painting my shiny new figs.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 12:31:55 pm »

I will have to finish the sculpting (shouldn't take long), then get a first set of masters cast. From those I will have to take a few and sprue them up so I can get some more cast up. That will all take a while, so at least a couple of months. I might be able to spare a small number of the first masters, or I might try and sculpt several different spears so I can skip the first stage...
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:43:50 pm »

Off topic (sorta), but I'd like to register my request for the Delgon troops/Striders to also have thicker spears please! I've been replacing mine with brass rod this weekend, and it's driving me mad!  Shocked
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 04:00:55 pm »

Ooo I like the idea of a little bit of variety on the spears...perhaps one with a Delgon head on it Wink

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »

Off topic (sorta), but I'd like to register my request for the Delgon troops/Striders to also have thicker spears please! I've been replacing mine with brass rod this weekend, and it's driving me mad!  Shocked
I'm planning to do something with the striders, but sadly the troops would require almost an entire resculpt to have thicker spears so it isn't really practical/economical at this time. Sorry!
At least the spears are much shorter....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: