The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 05:56:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Ramblings 12 - Fubarnii Races  (Read 16467 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 06:21:14 pm »

Do the Yirnak have stats?
It would be nice to have both the stats for the beast and the rider when released. I convinced my friend to play this game and he purchased a Yirnak along with several Delgon.
Hmm Im curious as to what they could have in terms of rules...

Koya
Jenta

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 03:41:10 am »

I like the Eragu.. He doesn't strike me as terribly oversized, he's just quite massive and stocky looking compared to others, which fits with the barbarian vibe he's giving off. Loving the little Dhogu as well. The Cassani and Feral seem appropriate given the description, and I like their headdresses.

Am I remembering right that Fubarnii grow constantly throughout their lifecycle rather than having growth plates and a fixed adult size like humans, so I guess you would get a bigger natural size variation than we're used to anyway. Racial size differences might not mean quite as much to the Fubarnii as they would to us if they expect to change size constantly throughout their lives anyway.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 09:05:40 am »

Ah yes, here's the question on the yirnak! I've responded in a new post in the Gaming section.

The Fubarnii do continue to grow, but not in a linear fashion, so the increase is less as they get older. There are also exceptions, but usually linked to some forms of illness or particular races (as evidenced by the elder not being larger).
lightderakeer
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 07:12:21 pm »

GAWWDD that artwork is so gawjusss  Grin Grin Grin
are you going to make sculpts for all of em? or are we just gonna have to make do?
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 04:35:43 am »

wow. not sure which I like most.. they're all appealing.
Love the idea of the ferals.. the Dhogu look really fun ...  usually in a game setting I have a hard time deciding what faction to do because I'll like 1/3 of one and not care much about the rest of it, 1/2 of another but actively dislike the other half, but in Twilight I'm finding I like everything, and it's going to be a major problem for the bank account  Shocked

I like that the Eragu appear to be bulkier rather than just flat out 'towering' in size & height.  I think the slight height increase but significant mass/bulk makes them imposing and different.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 12:30:32 pm »

At some point I'll visit them all. The ferals have waited over ten years so far since I first roughed out the ideas for them, but hopefully the timescales on the Eragu and Casanii will be somewhat less.  Smiley

The Casanii might take a while to appear though - I want to get them right when I eventually visit that region!

My aim with these would be to do a small number of figures for the different races so that you can end up with themed Empire forces with slightly different characteristics. The knights will be fairly ubiquitous, and the standard militia would have a home in most clan forces, but those would be supplemented by characterful units and individuals.
KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 07:25:08 am »

Questions:

A) Question: There's no pic of the Nerinii, so am I to assume that the Nerinii and Gethloan have the same body shape/etc, and basically differ only in colouration and attitude/customs?

B) (probably belonging in another thread, but here it is:) In another thread (http://forum-of-doom.com/index.php?topic=11683.0) the Devanu are described as being sandy-brown skinned with potentially darker back spines and bony growths... is this for all Devanu? is there tribal variations? I ask, as I'm thinking of using the Nile Monitor's pattern for painting my Devanu.

Thanks,
Kelly

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 08:45:31 am »

A) That's right on the Nerinii - any physical differences beyond skin colouration are subtle.
B) I'm open to different colourings on the devanu so knock yourself out. Not sure if they'll become canon as I imagine the devanu to have less colour variation, but I'm not going to be too militant if you try something different. And you never know, you may even inspire me...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: