The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 03:35:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New sculpts - October 2013  (Read 9333 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: October 24, 2013, 05:59:02 pm »

Hi all!
This week I've been sharing a few pics on facebook and it seems about time to share them here as well  Smiley
These were all on a mould I just got back from the casters. Please let me know if you would like to get hold of some of these as I did a few extra casts of each.

First up we have a new Empire Captain for those who want a slightly fancier looking captain for their militia. He'll come with a shield, probably one of the classic knight shields.

Next is a new Delgon bodyguard, known as a KalDromar. Not terribly well trained or quick on their feet, but they are good at getting in the way and looking mean.

The Tahela was sculpted to go with the Eragu. He’s a big powerful beast that fits well with the Northern sailors.

These little critters were done for two reasons. Firstly, I enjoy sculpting little critters. Secondly, they should be handy for basing figures or including in little dioramas Smiley

Now for the sad news. This big fella suffered during the casting due to his jaw shattering Sad
I should be able to fix him, but he’ll need casting again so it’ll take a while. Here’s a taster though Smiley

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:08:00 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »

Very nice.

That captain figure would not take too much tweaking to make him into Captain Jarmu (the Crimson Helm) from the Character Design competition ...

Very tempting...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 09:22:27 am »

I did think about Jawuu half way through sculpting him   Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 07:37:47 pm »

Loving this stuff mike, especially the tiny critters with the enormous tails and the armoured critter. Very characterful.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 12:10:02 pm »

Tuff skull, would you like some critters to paint? They are probably closer to the size you normally work at  Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 06:10:46 pm »

Here's a Tahela, painted by Joe Grin

And here he is with a bunch of Eragu.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:16:53 pm »

that not a route I would have dared on a model like that, but the blue works so well on that sculpt. Great work both of you!

Tuff skull, would you like some critters to paint? They are probably closer to the size you normally work at  Wink

I believe the correct phrase here is "Ah Hell Yeah!" Smiley

PM me a price and I'll get on it.

joek
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:40:02 pm »

To be honest, he didn't really end up the way we'd originally thought!

This happens quite a lot of the time when I'm painting Twilight figures Wink

We're planning to do another one with more of a Husky dog colour in it - not sure if it'll work or not, but we can but give it a go and see where it takes us!
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 12:42:01 pm »

Loving the new work Carcharoth.

Strangely it seems my initial post went MIA.

I really like the alternate Captain, the critters are always a great addition to the game world and the Delgon guard is staunch and broad - just what you want in a bodyguard. Smiley

- Taelan.

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 09:33:10 pm »

Working with Mike just now to get a few of the master casts available on the store this side of the festive period.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: