The World Of Twilight
April 27, 2024, 06:08:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike's blog  (Read 198585 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2012, 07:03:13 pm »

We've been playing with the new display/demo board today. A long way to go, but it's starting to take form...

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2012, 07:51:03 pm »

Looks good so far; outskirts of a settlement? I take it this is 2ft square.

Any plans to add WoT foliage?

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »

Yup, a traditional empire settlement built into a craggy hill. You can expect a poor unsuspecting trader to come under attack whilst drawing close to home...
Some foliage would be nice! Depends a bit on time, and how carried away I get with the architecture!
This is a small demo table for the stand itself - there will be a larger participation game that Hasslefree are kindly providing space for. That will probably be on the round snowy table we had last year.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2012, 09:42:37 pm »

It's great to see that even though you are branching out into other web stores (Pyre) that Hasslefree are still supporting you. Cheesy

Honestly those traders can't help but get into trouble!

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2012, 07:17:18 pm »

This week has thus far been taken up preparing moulds... We've got new dhogu moulds finally getting prepared, along with moulds so I can fully release the priests, Grishak and Devanu jenta fully. There are a couple of new greens as well, including a Devanu from Aaron Brown that I've been saving as a surprise.
On the train home I've been getting distracted thinking about the ancient Devanu towers. Until know they've been quite a vague concept - something shrouded in the mists of history, but I've been doing a bit of archaeology. Expect to see some pics in the not too distant future. I'm kinda pleased with how they've turned out, even if they've all been destroyed, so they aren't much use for actual games...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:40:02 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #290 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:52 pm »

Ooo new surprise Devanu Cheesy

HN
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #291 on: March 08, 2012, 01:19:40 am »

Sounds exciting about the Devanu,  can't wait to hear more.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2012, 09:55:29 am »

Today I have the dubious pleasure of a day trip to Zurich... Currently waiting for a plane that has been delayed by fog...

Tonight I have a big pile of masters and greens to prepare for casting. Fingers crossed I can get them back in time for salute! Mark's civvies are looking great - lots of character and detailing. There are also some slots in the mould that are going to be filled with random bits that Mark sent me. No idea what I'll do with those, but they are too cool not to cast! Smiley

Here's hoping my flight is ready to go soon...

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2012, 09:58:16 am »

And yes, the Devanu is kinda exciting. It's another jenta - planned as an 'alpha-jenta', but would also make a good alternate hunter... That'll make 7 different poses of Devanu - that's a BIG hunting pack! Grin
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2012, 09:37:37 am »

Everything is packed up and ready to go to the casters today... Very exciting! Grin
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2012, 10:07:32 am »

Claps excitedly.. civilians and accessories.. looking forward to it!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2012, 01:22:42 pm »

It is a particularly unusual mould - 1 Devanu, 2 civilians and a big pile of random bits. The bits may end up as salute freebies... I am however looking forward to having a random selection of tools, instruments and bottles available whenever I need them!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2012, 05:50:18 pm »

Coolies! The random collection of bits will come in handy for dressing terrain...when I finally get time to make some Sad

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »

Just had a lovely weekend with my friends and family  Grin
Twilight has always been about sharing something I enjoy creating with other people and it is always most fun when I get to collaborate with others in that process, or get to see what other people build based on my creations. As you can imagine I was kinda sad to come back from my weekend to read Brandlin's announcement on the forum, but at least I've got a lot of exciting salute-related stuff to keep my mind off it. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get any casts back, but I've got a loooong list of things to do in the meantime...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:33 am »

Made some good process on my little demo board this weekend - still far too much to do and it's still looking very blue, but we are getting there! Ben is building a couple of the buildings to slot into the board and sent through a pic last night that is quite exciting. I'll see if I can post some pics later, but I'm hoping he'll share those pics here.

I once again seem to be travelling this week, but I'm quite excited as I got an upgrade. I've never had one of those before! Grin
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: