The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:22:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yirnak Rustling'  (Read 5897 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: June 19, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »

So in my trips to London I was thinking about a scenario! and I only have a base idea but i think it could be good fun Cheesy

Scenario: Some Yirnaks have escaped!
 The aim of the game is to capture the Yirnaks! Heard 'dem beasties into your own den while stopping your opponent from stealing your animals!
This Game Uses the Yinak stats as discussed by Mike on another thread Smiley

Scenario rules.

Both players agree a point limit

both players have a Yirnak pen in their deployment zone which is 6 inches deep and 10" across.

3 Yirnak models are placed in the centre of the table.

The game is won by either capturing all the yirnaks, killing your opponents force or controlling the most Yirnaks at the end of the agreed turn limit.

Special rules.
Yirnak prod!- make a melee attack against a Yirnak, if successful you may move the Yirnak its full movement in any direction. The Yirnak models may never be killed. All successful attacks against them simply allow you to move them.

I plan to play this game soon and so will probably make some changes but until then...enjoy!

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »

I'm not the best person to comment on this as I don't have a massive amount of playing experience yet but I reakon it would be best to have a point limit or increase the number of Yirnak if you play a larger point game.

Apart from that it looks like a fun game, good job!

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 06:45:30 pm »

Sounds fun. Balancing the size of the forces and the number of yirnak would be a challenge, but shouldn't be too tricky!
Almost feels like it should be a sport for a northern clan or the Dhogu.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 06:52:17 pm »

I thought of this for my friend who is I delgon player. A limit/size would be appropriate but it really should be used as a fun wacky game

TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:23:11 pm »

Could easily replace 'Yirnak' with 'Baruk'
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »

Could easily replace 'Yirnak' with 'Baruk'

Boooo!  Tongue

Though in truth this game type could be applied to any creature in the twilight game

TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:23 pm »

Mainly because of the stat similarities
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:16:10 pm »

I think the yirnak would generally be a more dangerous creature to herd though- those tusks are vicious!

Then again you could easily take it another step up to something a tad more hazardous if you were feeling more creative...

at some point I'll share some thoughts on how wild creatures should behave, but there are details to iron out.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 07:28:04 pm »

I love the idea of wild animals! It adds a whole new aspect to the game! And also an RPG element thing to! Could this be the next step? Npc models on the board? Moving and possibly having their own objectives! Could be interesting ..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: