The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 06:29:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delgon shooty thing  (Read 5089 times)
serin
Qualified Engineer

« on: January 03, 2015, 12:49:20 am »

I hope this works to show work in progress for my new Delgon figure.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 12:50:02 am »

Well, it seems to work for me. Sorry it is such a poor photo!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:15:39 am »

The gun-stand is a very nice idea, but what does he have on his back?
Looking good so far. My only point of critique being the way he holds the derak.
Given the weigth of the weapon it would make more sense to reverse one of his hands.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:05:47 pm »

Good to see someone else has painted on - mines in my first batch when I get back to wot. Nice job!

Would love to know what the concept is for this new weapon, is it a longer ranged, non blast piece by chance? .

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:33:56 pm »

This was a test piece sculpted By John-Lynton Bryan (gidran). We discussed the hands at length, but went with that pose in the end. I'm not entirely sure what the weapon is yet!
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 03:14:06 pm »

The gun-stand is a very nice idea, but what does he have on his back?
Looking good so far. My only point of critique being the way he holds the derak.
Given the weight of the weapon it would make more sense to reverse one of his hands.

I almost glued the arms on upside down! I think they are the right way up Undecided

I am looking forward to rules for it.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 05:46:41 pm »

Palms down only makes sense if the heaviest part is the side of the barrel.
Meaning you have to push down the rear so you can aim.
Otherwise I think it would make more sense to reverse the left arm so it would be holding the backpart up and using his right hand to squeeze a trigger.

Nevertheless, I look forward to see some rules for this. Almost looks like a mobile artillery piece.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 01:41:03 pm »

I do need to work out what exactly the gun is and come up with some rules. It feels like it could be a longer range direct fire weapon, but it still won't be terribly accurate to aim. Possibly it could fire a few shots in quick succession, using the first shots to improve accuracy.
One option would be:

Delgon Gunner
Cost ~20pts
Move: 6"
Combat: 1
Support: 0
Stamina: 2
Experimental gun: Range 18", 2 CS attack, no movement prior to attack.
Sustained fire* Make a ranged attack, casting one additional stone. The target must be within 2" of the location of the last model targeted by an attack this activation.

I'm not sure about the wording yet, but what do you think?
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 02:48:57 pm »

Sounds good, but it's only five points more dann a bow, whereas way more powerful in my opinion. Maybe 25 at least, as with the special rule, you have good chances in taking out the average Devanu too.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 04:02:57 pm »

Yup, thinking about that it is far too cheap. The gunner would be deadly against Grishak - using one stamina it would get a kill 42% of the time, with two it would kill 60% of the time.
That style of attack may be fundamentally too powerful to balance correctly, particularly for an infantry carried weapon... I'll have to keep thinking! Feel free to make suggestions if you've got any ideas  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: