The World Of Twilight
April 23, 2024, 07:13:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Taelan's Workshop  (Read 49192 times)
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »

Thanks guys, received some feedback and critique from the head engineer; will make some changes for the next page.

Feel free to offer any swatch ideas; I'll be adding a larger palette in the next version.

Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 11:40:39 pm »

Lovely! Looks really great, clear and effective. Looking forward to seeing more Smiley

Whitwort Stormbringer
Jenta

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »

I love the artwork and format for the "colors of Anyaral" chart, and I think the palette for the Dhogu seems fitting too.  I agree that they should generally be dressed in simpler, drab or earthy tones but maybe a pale blue-grey, or possibly even a reddish-brown or pale terracotta color, might be nice for just a touch more color to the overall palette.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 11:32:43 pm »

I wonder how much variation you would see between the clans and well as between the clans that work with the Delgon, the Empire or the highest bidder.

HN
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:35 am »

I have understandably been chatting with Michael in the background. The whole collection of plates will be sample suggestions, brief background and some author's notes.

Two major plates will be a map distribution and a series of variations on all the sub-cultures. A usual suspects if you will with further regional colours.

Definitely noting down all suggestions as a pool of sub-culture themes.

Main thing is, I haven't the spare time to evolve a visual source book, but I can create "Chapters" and evolve it. Cheesy

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 08:00:17 am »

Prior to doing some small touches, I've nearly completed new art for the Gethloan and Casanii entries..

Just to and fro with Michael on layout ideas, then I'll set up the page plates and move onto other fubarnii.. Smiley

- Taelan.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 08:04:17 am »

Wow man, lovely work. I especially like the Casanii Cheesy

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 01:58:20 pm »

Cooool!

haukr
Jenta

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 08:13:04 am »

Very nice looking. I hope Mike realizes we'll all be demanding Casani models from now on...  Tongue

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 11:19:31 am »

Very nice looking. I hope Mike realizes we'll all be demanding Casani models from now on...  Tongue

Yes! I wants them now Cheesy

Whitwort Stormbringer
Jenta

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2012, 10:15:14 pm »

Gorgeous artwork!  The casanii is super cool, completely different (culturally/aesthetically) than any fubarnii I'd envisioned.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:43 pm »

Taelan's done a great job with bringing the casani a bit more to life. Would love to sculpt a few of the other subcultures and travellers... We'll get there somewhen!
If you've not seen, there's a thread in the ramblings section that tells a bit more about the other subcultures, including the casani.
KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2012, 12:51:27 am »

very nice work indeed Cheesy

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Whitwort Stormbringer
Jenta

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »

If you've not seen, there's a thread in the ramblings section that tells a bit more about the other subcultures, including the casani.
Oh cool, thanks for the reference!  I'll be checking it out shortly...
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2012, 07:21:09 am »

Finally got around to finishing my Fubarnii trader. I tookt he detailing down a notch and came at it with strong flat colours and smooth highlights. Worked well and even added a hat to elevate his trader-cred. He has a PreePree crest style with his main robe stowed in his knapsack whilst travelling.. rather than grime it up Wink

A little bit of over exposure, but best I can get until I build a DIY booth Smiley

Next, my engineer who has languished in several parts since last year!  Embarrassed Cheesy

- Taelan.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:22:44 am by Taelan » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: