The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 07:15:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pree-pree  (Read 4913 times)
Bethar
Administrator
Senior Apprentice

« on: July 02, 2010, 01:31:22 pm »

Sorry I haven't had chance to sketch this one yet.

Named for the chirruping sound it makes, the pree-pree is a Fubarnii pet highly prized in the Empire.  Originally it inhabited the island off Majorn Anis, and when the clan of Majorn Anis joined the Empire they brought some as gifts for the Emperor because of the pretty shiny scales around their heads.  Since then it has been ferociously inbred to emphasise its head decoration, with resulting impairment to its intelligence and causing common complaints such as neck problems and stomach upsets.  It is docile, stupid and highly ornamental, a couple of feet high to the top of its head crest, but with a surprisingly small body.  It is four legged and has a long tail.  It eats either: anything its master throws off the table, or: one of many designer diets supposed to bring out the best in it, few of which are actually successful.
Owners will polish the colourful scales and sometimes pierce them to add jewellery.  The current Emperor is a keen breeder.
It is rumoured that the pree-pree is now extinct it the wild...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:44:53 pm »

Ooh, I like the sound of that one! The description makes me want to try and draw one Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 06:35:40 pm »

Out of interest, what is the Pree-pree's crest like? A hard boney substance, or something soft and feathery?
Bethar
Administrator
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »

I imagine the pree-pree being a bit like a peacock, but rather than a feathery tail, it has a bony plate around its head a bit like a triceratops.  This probably feathers a bit towards the edges, but not like bird feathers, just a sort of shredded scaly substance.  It is like fingernail in that it can be clipped and pierced around the edge without hurting, but will be felt closer in where skin and nerves attach.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: