The World Of Twilight
April 28, 2024, 12:06:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retro Sci-Fi  (Read 6701 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: July 14, 2011, 08:13:22 am »

I found this website yesterday and thought it looked quite cool in a Buck Rogers kinda way.
http://www.hydraminiatures.com/index.shtml

The ships for War Rocket remind of Flash Gordon. I like the Galacteer and Robot figs for Retro Raygun. Not sure about some of the alien figs though.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:35:54 am »

those robots are awesome! I love that whole retro style

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:52:35 am »

I've always liked Hydra - great pulpy figures  Smiley
I particularly like the robots!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:53 pm »

The Galacteer troopers are very cool too. They just need to do a Hawk Man race.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:42:10 pm »

Apparently you should have got some from WargamesSupplyDump as they had some hawkmen in their 'Dick Garrison' range, but I'm not sure if they still exist...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 07:27:47 pm »

They are kinda cool but was thinking more...
http://theworldsbestever.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/hawk.jpg

HN
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:04:46 pm »

I've always liked the look of Hydra too. they had a sale that just ended, and I bit the bullet and got the imperial fleet & zenithian fleet (saucers). I'm a sucker for spaceships, and justified more since they are a different genre  Tongue 

I love the robots- they should be good for both 28mm & 15mm scale so I ordered some of the mini bots and one of the big war robots.

and I topped it off with the galacteer chimp: just too cute not to have.  he might become my mechanic in my Belgian army...the local group is gearing up for some light-campaign skirmish 'early weird world war II' and the army I've settled on is Colonial Belgian Congo sending an army to free Belgium and end the war, bringing about world peace through the integration of uplifted apes & other primates. So I'll have monkey & gorilla soldiers as the bulk of my force. Kind of an Island of Dr. Moreau meets Planet of the Apes meets WWII. 

This guy should fit right in.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »

There is no greater model then that of a monkey in a jetpack

lightderakeer
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 10:42:35 am »

if people are looking for pulp sci-fi, theres a company called killer B who do a nice range of mini's. they also do a line of 60's london cop themed miniatures. check em out!  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 03:55:00 pm »

Quite a funky range.

I see Retro Raygun are going to have a rulebook sometime soon.

HN
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 04:56:22 am »

I can't say I've bought any, but I agree with the commendations for pulp minis so far and would add Tin Man, Bronze Age, and Ironclad Miniatures as other purveyors of pulpy goods. I didn't notice the names till now Cheesy

The murphidian miners from Killer B look great, but I haven't picked them up. I don't even have an excuse as they are pretty cheap...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:57:40 pm »

Not seen Tin Man before, some great figs there with some lovely dynamic sculpts; I especially like the riding beast in the blog. Ironclad and Bronze Age I've seen before, nice figs. Bronze Age also have some dynamic sculpts. I think the Leonides mini is very cool.

HN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: