The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 02:45:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for The Twilight Traveller  (Read 13757 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: August 05, 2011, 11:01:34 am »

Hopefully by now you've all had a chance to read the first issue of The Twilight traveller. We've got fairly solid plans for the next issue, and slightly more vague plans for the issue after that, but I wanted to open the floor up for suggestions from you guys. What would you like to see?

Issue 2 is going to focus on Danakan's travels over towards the lands of the Orelan. There will be rules for the Hunter and his Graku (although no Grakukan I'm afraid). There will also be some mention of troubles on the northern borders of the empire as the Shocktroopers finally get released (I'm currently deciding how best to release them - possibly in pairs, or as a pack of six with a bit of a discount).
If you would like to see something of yours on the workbench, then feel free to post ideas here and I might squeeze something in - be it a crazy invention, a sketch of a new beastie or a particularly nice little paintjob.
KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »

'Fluff' is always good, like Danakan's travels, so that should be a regular feature.  Since Danakan seems to be focused on Fubarnii civilization (though I can easily see him branching out from there), what about another traveler that examines the flora/fauna around, swapped out with special every so many issues looking at the Devanu or Delgon?

Seeing the rules for models that would be released the following month would also make for a good regular feature, but that only works if you have a release the next month. If you didn't, then you could put up alternate rules for an existing model? (Like how we have a couple different acolytes for the delgon).

I'd like to see more scenarios involving models that are already out (for new people to the game... say, alternate scenarios using one of the starter packs), or that just came out that month... one or two scenarios per issue would be great.

Of course, showing off painted minis would be great, but that's something us players have to get in gear and get done so you have something to show. Cheesy  Same with terrain, gametables, etc.

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:19:26 pm »

I'd like to see more scenarios involving models that are already out (for new people to the game... say, alternate scenarios using one of the starter packs), or that just came out that month... one or two scenarios per issue would be great.

More scenarios using the starter packs would be good

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 05:50:57 pm »

More scenarios using the starter packs would be good

Good plan! Feel free to suggest some ideas  Wink

I did play around with an idea for a small band of Fubarnii trying to protect a village, trying to get to the beacon to attract the knights, but that could do with writing up. I guess scenarios at that scale benefit from interesting special rules, or different ways to use the same models. I will certainly have a think on it, although next month we were planning a scenario focussing on the hunter. How would you like a scenario that uses the basic set of models, but that adds in a couple of new figures at a time (for example, the starter set, but with a hunter in place of some of the knights)?
KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 03:26:05 am »

That would be good too... that would give the newer players incentive still to buy the new figures as well, ideally. Smiley  Guess I need to start coming up with more free time to try some scenario ideas. lol

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 04:15:52 am »

If you're ready, a skin-guide for the Furbanii races? Like a swatch selection, to give some direction to painters.

I'm happy to render out a basic form Fubarnii and do the colouring in under direction if you want?

- Taelan

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 07:02:01 am »

I like the idea of that Taelan and imagine that Danakan would be quite amazed at the different coloured Fubarnii, especially when she gets closer to the Central Empire.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:45:56 pm »

There was a skin guide a long while back, but it would be good to upgrade it. If you fancied helping out that would be excellent!
I think danakan might actually be quite surprised how dull a lot of the central empire fubarnii are. I think she has quite distinctive skin tones, possibly a paler underbelly with green over the top of her head, back and arms, then darker green patches (I say 'think', because I've only got a black and white sketch of her so far...).
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 06:22:43 am »

Y'know, you're right, I had forgotten about that skin guide (text based).

I'll sketch up some example outlines and see which style you like. Then work towards colourising the variations.

So by way of stating I'm up for producing something, with your veto, that works for the 'by the book' painters out there.

I'm off to source that text again and download it Cheesy

- Taelan.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 08:15:39 am »

You know once that gets published you will have the Devanu & Delgon players after the same, though I suppose the Delgon would come under the Fubarnii.

HN
KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 02:24:58 pm »

Yep. Smiley  Including by me, since I have all 3 factions. hehe.

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »

Hmmm, this could become quite the project Cheesy

See how the first stuff goes eh? Wink

- Taelan.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 07:54:43 pm »

What do you guys think of the traveller so far? There are three issues so far, so you should have a good idea what I'm trying to do. Is it heading in the right direction? Are there other things you would like to see in it?
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 11:31:22 pm »

I print them out! I really like them. I would like to see some game tactica that's faction based

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 02:12:09 am »

I should refocus on that colour guide idea, also a second vote for tactical instruction articles Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: