The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:58:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for The Twilight Traveller  (Read 13704 times)
dlmartin
Jenta

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:16 pm »

I think it's headed in the right direction. I, like most of you(i assume) want to devour as much content about the game as I can. Keep 'em coming.

best,
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 02:31:53 pm »

Interesting thoughts on doing a tactica. That wouldn't be too difficult to look at and might open up some options. I'll have to start thinking! Smiley
Whitwort Stormbringer
Jenta

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 06:05:50 am »

Hey folks,

Still new to the game and setting so I'm slowly combing through the wealth of material on the forum and site, and I thought I ought to chime in here.  So far I love what I've seen from the Twilight Traveler and I like the direction it's taking.

I still see Twilight very much a setting in development (at least in terms of the tabletop gaming aspect of it), so to me previews of figures to come and new profiles and scenarios are great content for an e-zine.  It allows the existing player base to change things up every once in a while.

I think if anything I'd want to see more modelling content, though.  The aforementioned guide to fubarnii races would make an excellent article for the Twilight Traveler, and it could serve the dual purposes of an informative article on which groups live where, what their origins are, etc. and also as a painting guide for new players.  A similar article for Devanu and their many beasts would be great as well - are there Devanu races that aren't the standard beige color?  Are all grishak green with cream-colored underbellies? What adornments do different tribes wear?

Each of the factions is big enough at this point for there to be interesting tactica articles on each, though, so maybe for a near-future article that could be interesting as well.

One last note - I loved seeing Chris Parry's Delgon army in issue 2, and I think a "community showcase" section in each issue (or every other issue, depending on volume of entries) would be a lot of fun.

Anyways, just my thoughts!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 07:04:58 pm »

Ta for the feedback - good to know what people think!
There is a guide to the various fubarnii races somewhere on the forum, but expanding on that could be fun. It would also fit with Danakan's travels.
I started writing a couple of tactica recently, as well as a naming guide. I'll aim to finish those soon and share them either here or in the traveller.

A new Traveller is certainly overdue now, so I'll aim to get it released in the near future.

I'll also aim to showcase another army in the next issue...

Mike
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 07:54:24 pm »

I'd love to see more articles along those lines but the problem can be that they require a lot of artwork and time. Tis definitely something to aim for.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »

I'll also aim to showcase another army in the next issue...

I'll get those photos up Grin

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 04:59:33 am »

Took me long enough; but here is the first of the Colour Charts for the Fubarnii, here

Feedback appreciated, more a community project under Michael's watchful eye and using my pencils Cheesy

- Taelan.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: