The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 03:18:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Logo for World of Twilight!  (Read 14296 times)
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 12:19:39 am »

Wow, I missed this.

I don't know what to make of it: it's got plenty of glitz, for sure, but does it need it?

I think the answer could be yes, and I think my misgivings might be overcome if I saw it in the context of a book cover done in matchng style, similar to DnD books. I think it would look even better then. It's certainly a different style to the more simple graphics you have been using (I think that is as much the medium as anything else) but I'm sure that they can both coexist.
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 04:11:42 am »

Wow, I get busy at work for a few weeks comeback and Twilight has an all new masthead.. Cheesy

If you don't mind, may I view the core file and try and idea or two?

curious,
Taelan. Smiley

Impactminiatures
Hatchling

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 11:05:53 pm »

Very sharp...well done.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 07:41:12 am »

I understand the slight uncertainty at a new logo, but it's something I've wanted for a while - the logo I've been using does work quite well and I'm still pleased with it, but it lacks a little something when it stands alone on packaging etc. The new logo is more eyecatching and somehow feels more finished than a simple silhouette logo could.

@taelan. I'll send you some bits to have a look/play with.
Sorry to everybody I've said I'll send stuff to, I'll try to get myself organised this weekend!
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 10:36:33 am »

I like the new logo a lot. 
It both captures the mood of the setting and it's very professional. 
Not naming names, I think it's miles better than a few of the bigger game logos.  Very nicely done.
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 02:49:14 pm »

Actually Carcharoth, scratch my request. Thank you for offering all the same! Smiley

After dabbling with the web ready masthead, my only critique is the turquoise pool area is overly bright in the upper left space, it bleaches the colours and detracts from the floating Twilight text "yellow glow", seemingly grounding the letters on the left over a flat white field, while the right letters float nicely above the turquoise and stone elements.

After having "a play", it is definitely this component of the composition which bothers me.

Look forward to the lush boxing ideas to follow no doubt Smiley

- Taelan.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 10:09:14 am »

Interesting thoughts on the colouring. It is very hard to know when to stop fiddling with ideas - TamTam and I went through a lot of iterations before we arrived at this version (I might check if she minds me sharing some of those as I think it was an interesting process) and I was trying very hard not to get too annoying with suggested tweaks!

It might be worth revisiting at some point, but for the moment I'm happy  Smiley

Do feel free to share any products of your playing if you like though.
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 03:48:45 pm »

Hi Carcharoth,

Certainly understand tweaks etc; not to worry though, we graphics folk have a tough skin. That said I do have a changes clause in my agreements Cheesy

Here is the subtle variation I was talking about. On left is original version 5 (as per the file name) and on Right, a change to the bleached white, at 10% turquoise overlay.

As you can see, the glow is reinforced along the stem of the first "T", not grounded by a bleached background. Hope this helps, for a rough example. As I said, it's a subtle difference, mostly building up that nice turquoise, for a less stark gradient.

- Taelan. Smiley

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 06:58:22 pm »

Interesting to see the impact of such a small tweak. Thank you.
What does everybody else think? I'm unlikely to change it immediately, but might do at some point...
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 08:31:43 pm »

I can't even see the difference and if there is one I prefer the original.

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 01:06:16 am »

I did not expect this to have Carcharoth charge off and redo all his publications, mostly showing out the critique I have rather than typing about it. Smiley

I've cut down the examples, with just the area in question visible the difference is a bit more obvious. Other than that, I'm off to paint my Engineer! (about time)

Thanks for letting us have a chance to comment all the same Carcharoth.

- T.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:07:52 am by Taelan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: