The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:14:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcharodon Astra - These Savage Weapons  (Read 20601 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: September 04, 2011, 12:49:56 pm »

Hi all,

I thought I'd share a pic of the start of my 500pt Carcharodon force.

I started these guys a while ago but waited till Forge World made a transfer sheet as I really didn't fancy painting the chapter symbols. It took a while to finish them as they went on the back burner while I've been working on the house over the summer. I should be starting the rest of the 500pt force today so hopefully I can finish them soon and make a start on my Empire Knights and one of Brandlins lovely stable models.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:10 pm »

Fun to see the mix of new marines and old style equipment - are those conversions or forge world (or something else)? I like what you've done with them so far - the white beaks work well.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 03:52:34 pm »

Cheers Mike. I used FW parts which work well. Fairly limited conversion work with these guys just kit-bashing. I used the FW colour-scheme (with a few of my own ideas thrown in) and transfers as well. I am working to get 500pts made up, just got to finish painting the other 5 Tac squad members (inc. flamer guy), a termie captain (with magnetic arms to swap wargear) and the first 5 guys of an assault squad.

Once thats done I need to paint up 5 assault marines, a chaplain and a storm raven...thoguh I will probably paint my Fubarnii knights and build a stables first.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:46 pm »

I really like the colour scheme. I want to own some marines one day.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32:10 pm »

Cheers Megatron. I'm surprised you don't as most gamers seem to have been born with them, lol.

HN
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 10:03:01 am »

Awesome work. I certainly like your scheme more than the original way back in WD 101. The contrasting beaks are fab.

My sister got me some FW marines which I'm hoping to get up and running in 2012. I was thinking about painting them up as Flesheaters.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 03:44:47 pm »

Thanks Pyre.

Flesheaters? I do like the old-school chapters, any idea which codex you would use?

HN
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 04:12:41 pm »

Probably I'll probably go for the BA codex lists them as named as a BA successor but straight codex is viable too. They were mentioned in WD98 in relation to the Mentor Legion. Might be something I can do mirror the fluff, Mentor Legion sternguard or Vet sergeants.

I've just looked at your pic again. it that damage on the legs or is it the oceanic style images the chapter uses?

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 06:12:55 pm »

Coolies.

The red-striped knee pads have some of the FW transfers on them but the rest is battle damage on the legs.

HN
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 01:34:25 am »

Lovely work Norse. The wear effects are well detailed. Smiley

I have also picked up these retro-heavy weapons from FW. Working on classic Space Crusade era scouts for my chapter. A fair bit of chopping and refitting going on I must say. This has encouraged me to do some more this weekend methinks!

- Taelan.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 04:07:24 pm »

Very nice figures there. Shame they're not all in MKIII. Wink

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 08:41:32 pm »

Cheers chaps.

All Mk3...I'm not made of money Wink

HN
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 07:48:55 pm »

----------INCOMING TRANSMISSION----------
Thunder rolled out at cold, hard fury unleashed. Gene-stock giants driving ever onwards barking from steel arms and crushing all beneath iron boots. Tempered in the heart of a God-King, death forged in the gloom of the void these Savage Angels, always hunting, always swimming.
From the saga of Carcharodon Astra, as sung by Herald Makaio and transcribed by Aku

From the dawn of history a predatory hunter swims; its body a perfect bullet, its senses keen and its maw filled with razor sharp teeth. This ancient breed, carcharodus now only resides in private collections of aquaria or locked in the code of its gene-stock descendants carried out from Ancient Terra long ago by the fleets of man. Ancient myth says these hunters were always on the move for should they become still then death soon envelops them. But, their spirit lives on in the depths of the void.

Like the great predators of old the Carcharodons are a pack of lethal hunters, each company a great death-shadow swimming in the void. Each hunter bares countless teeth as each company bares countless battle brothers. When a tooth is lost, a brother falls to be replaced with another in an unceasing attack on its prey; remorseless; ever swimming; ever hunting.
Aku the Chronicler, from her work Swimming Amongst the Sharks

----------END OF TRANSMISSION----------
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 09:54:58 pm »

Behold Carcharodons...

The other half of the Tactical Squad.

The full Tactical Squad.

The first half of the Assault Squad.

Close up of the sergeants shield...

More to follow...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 09:57:00 pm »

...Tyberos the Red Wake...

Here's his incarnation in my 500pt force...

Close up of his arms...

And finally my finished 500pt force!

HN
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: