The World Of Twilight
April 28, 2024, 05:08:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished Dhogu  (Read 5507 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« on: September 24, 2011, 11:19:36 pm »

Right, finished the first Dhogu. Colours are somewhat more muted in person, and the gray isn't quite as blue, but camera flash is a necessary evil this late at night.

Though I'm looking forward to painting the others, I have no idea at all when they're likely to get done - so many other things to paint!

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:05:31 am »

I like the subtle earthy tones. The more I see of these guys the more I think I will have to get some. They will sit very nicely alongside the Fubarnii of my northern clan...when Mike sculpts them Cheesy

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »

That was quick! Cool to see one painted  Smiley
Interesting earthy tones - they work well.
How was he to assemble? Did you have to green stuff the joints?
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 12:22:23 pm »

Pretty easy to assemble, but then for the last two months I've been working on Malifaux near exclusively, so have got in to the habit of pinning everything. His arms and feet are pinned. The only filling was for the neck - I went for a big head turn, so extended the neck scarf thing.

The next one will probably have a harsher fur colour change from top to bottom and paler clothing, creams and splotchy browns, to look like a stereotypical eskimo. The main thing that annoyed me is that I'd run out of goggled heads, so couldn't easily give him snow goggles!

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 12:47:32 pm »

I really really like this model. The base is very nice to! Great stuff! 

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 01:39:15 pm »

Trust you to never assemble something quite as designed  Wink
I like the idea of snow goggles! That's a very neat little conversion idea. I'm still deciding what other heads to do, so I'll bear that in mind.
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 02:21:45 pm »

I figured snow goggles would be apt considering the terrain they can dwell in, plus they could easily pilfer some from downed Kal'Derak. Plus no doubt they'd be even more prized as the Dhogu, upon wearing them, finds that after a bit of practice, he's better with his bow...

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 11:15:54 pm »

Snow goggles? You should look to Inuit iggaak for inspiration, just the sort of thing Dhogu might be found crafting from bone/wood.

Very small Wiki.

- Taelan.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 01:23:42 pm »

Funny you should suggest those - I've already googles 'Eskimo goggles' and seen some similar images. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Dhogu head with similar headgear...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: