The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 12:47:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Culture logos  (Read 13898 times)
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »

I'd still tidy the Devanu one up a little more so that the inner colour does not bleed out on to the surface at all (it still does at the top)

But otherwise a definite improvement
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 07:19:42 pm »

The Fubarnii and Delgon logos look great without the wings on them.
 The red triangles look as if they are set into the surface of the Devanu logo if they are then I would like to see  no white on the Devanu logo at all.
 But you could use 3 claw marks across the logo surface, The 3 claw marks can be used as a mark of different Devanu tribes and the claw marks position will vary from tribe to tribe. So you will have one basic  logo with lots of variation amongst the Devanu Clans. Huh

matthewk
Jenta

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 11:20:29 pm »

the first two, the empire and delgon logos, very very cool, the devanu logo for me however is lacking a certain distinctness

its a crazy idea ....but it might just work!
ork56
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 10:34:43 pm »

I think they are all good and afaik they dont borrow any ideas from other games (no two headed eagles etc)

Distinctive in their own way but still tie in thematically with the new Twilight logo. GJ
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 04:26:32 am »

I agree with Ork above, all very distinctive and thematic to Twilight.

Just want to chime with some late support for the Devanu icon. My personal reaction is positive as for me, I see these three mark scrawled into tree trunks, etched across boulders and so on; the Devanu vandalising surfaces to mark out territory.

In it's own way, the symbol also shows how far they have fallen, forced to scratch their mark out on whatever surface they can scavenge.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 04:56:02 pm »

That's great, thanks Taelan (and everybody else). I'd kinda like to have a bunch of different takes on the Devanu symbol as it is so much less standardised than the Delgon and Empire. Those three simple slashes should scare any Fubarnii who see them...
haukr
Jenta

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 05:35:52 pm »

Really like them. I can see the Devanu symbol scratched or painted in fubarnii blood on trees, rocks, what have you, as well as applied as a kind of warpaint to show which tribe you're part of.

I think I need to go convert a standard bearer with the Empire symbol on it. Now, where's that spare captain...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: