The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 12:08:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super secret project 2 *** RE-IMAGINED ***  (Read 15176 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 07:28:11 pm »

Looks good Brandlin. How much bigger than the other buildings is it?

HN
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 08:12:47 pm »

Looks good Brandlin. How much bigger than the other buildings is it?

HN

It's a 3 up...

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 07:10:04 pm »

A little more painting progress today...

http://brandlin.blogspot.com/2012/01/big-un-ii.html

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 07:39:01 pm »

A couple of quick questions...

1. What's under the render of a fubarnii house? Brick? Wattle and daub? Ear wax?

2. What traditional colour do fubarnii paint their doors?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 11:08:57 pm »

Nice job with the big tower. It's coming along well.

The underlying structure would vary, but I tend to imagine them to have something akin to wattle and daub. Possibly with a less structured wattle...

Colours would vary immensely. The casani use very bright, bold colours, but your architecture is more central empire. Traditionally they would be relatively plain, but there is a more recent fashion for brighter colours among the wealthier house owners.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 02:28:23 pm »

I though it might be wattle and daub... i need to paint this flat onto the big model... i'll give it a go but it it all goes wrong then i'll do bricks... they're easier...

I have two large doors to do (entry-way and balcony) the openings are too large to look ok in black as at this scale you'd easily be able to see inside. So i'm thinking a british racing green kind of colour would look ok. colourful but not garish or vibrant. i'll also be able to highlight in the various boards and planks of the doors and weather them a bit...

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 02:42:09 pm »

Is it 3 up in scale, or just in size? i.e. is it meant as a massive building for the twilight fubarnii, or is it a demo piece in ~90mm scale?

Looks cool either way!

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 02:46:54 pm »

Is it 3 up in scale, or just in size? i.e. is it meant as a massive building for the twilight fubarnii, or is it a demo piece in ~90mm scale?

Looks cool either way!

Thank you

Its a 3 times scale model, meant for display purposes at Salute and other shows.

I had the geometry of the original kit scaled up by a factor of three and cut back in september but have been having problems getting enough spare time to be a dad let alone model. Some of it was cut in ply for rigidity and some (like the rooves and windows) cut in styrene so they would still bend.

* note actually its a 1:2.721 scale model not a 1:3 but thats just because that was the largest tube i could find!

** note to anyone thinking of doing something similar - remember that a 3 times scale model cut in 2d styrene is acually 9 times the price! and if you commission resin peices its 27 times the volume and therefore material cost! its NOT cheap.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:50:42 pm by Brandlin » Logged

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 08:28:08 pm »

http://brandlin.blogspot.com/

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 10:17:03 pm »

Looking good so far. Out of interest what is this big bugger for? Are you planning on building a city?

HN
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: