The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 02:39:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Salute 2012 - the games  (Read 15516 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 20, 2012, 10:32:40 pm »

It's really not long until Salute now (21st April), so it's about time to get myself organised...

This year at salute we should hopefully have two tables - a tiny one on the stand for demoing the game, and a round gaming table hosted by hasslefree. I'll be putting together a few different 300 or 400pt forces that will be used for some games on the main table. However, if anybody would like to bring a fully painted force along then you are more than welcome to come and have a game. If you can't field a force of your own painted figures, but would like to play then you are welcome to build a force in advance using figures from my collection, or use one of the pre-planned forces I'll have there. It'll mainly be a bit of fun and a way to show people it played, but I'll sort some little prizes for participants.

So, who is coming to Salute and would anybody like to have a game or two on the day?
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:36:58 pm »

Well you know that answer for me  Smiley

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:13 am »

You can count on me!
The legions on the Lanak shall march!!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:13:15 pm »

Excellant news! I will bring my forces with me - Guess I'd better get back to the brush and stop being useless! Looking forward to meeting a couple of you and getting in a game or two!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:36:51 pm »

I'll happily bring my forces to lend out if you like, someone should at least get a game with them!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 11:36:37 pm »

Superb. Smiley
If you post your lists In advance I'll try to do reference sheets for them (no promises though...).
Grimmtooth
Jenta

Eat what can be eaten

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 11:04:30 pm »

Im so looking forward to the yearly slay fest , this year is gonna rock , big time have you thought of contacting the people behind the dark crystal yet.

That should be your show with episodes based on the two history's joining for a world wide marketing push.

Itll beat M and M's !!!

Mic
Hatchling

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 06:40:15 am »

Hi guys
I would love to participate but have not got enough frequent flyers to get me there from Oz ;-)
I am expecting photos lots of them.........please
regards mic
Dark Wolf
Hatchling

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 08:32:43 pm »

Will be in attendants again this year and maybe me and the misses will get a demo so we will start playing with the undercoated Fubarnii, Devanu and Delgon I have sat on my painting desk Shocked
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 08:56:14 pm »

Make sure you come and find us to say hi and we'll sort you out with a game - on the off chance you don't get things painted you can certainly borrow some forces or just try a small demo Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 08:36:36 pm »

What a great day!

Thanks to all the Twilight crew. Was great to put faces to Names. First up Apologies to HN to whom I never introduced myself. I didn't realise who you were until after you left!

Thanks to Mike & the stand crew as always - you seemed busy every time I looked which I hope converted into a profitable day for you (and thus plenty more production funds for minis for the rest of us  Grin ). I certainly came home with a fair pile of lead which I'm looking forward to working on, not that I'll ever match the vast hordes of Gekilian!

On that note, big thanks to Gekilian (Chris! or hereafter, the Tactical Prof. ) for a great game. I certainly didn't deserve to come out with a draw. My Slingers are now the SS - the elite "Suicide Slingers" unit. Herder Captains are great additions if you have your head screwed on (which I clearly didn't). I also take back any bad word I ever said against Commander Brenar's usefulness in smaller games. If he's that lucky next time I use him then he's a permanent addition to my forces. Having watched my own poor commandership see to the death of most of my forces and helping me out couple of pointers, Chris then had to watch as Brenar refused to die until the last moment, taking down 2 devanu and a small sea of Grishak with him, leaving an empty board at the end of a marathon game!

Also a Big nod to Ben and Steve for their painting. Great to see it in person, truly inspiring.

I look forward to the next time, and I'll try to be more on the ball for the gaming!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 08:46:16 pm »

Yeah, a fantastic day. Considering how little shopping I did after the first 20 minutes, I'll probably just offer to crew for you Mike next year, after 20 or so minutes shopping...

I found out who HN was after he left too, apologies for that.

The Twilight stand did seem busy whenever I meandered by - I felt sorry for the not-Chaos-Dwarves stand next to Twilight, I never saw a customer there... From that small amount of chatting I did with the Twilight customers and people around the gaming table, the aesthetic and feel of the game is still drawing people in. I also came home with a fair pile of lead, so you're certainly correct about not catching up to me Paul! Though you hardly need to if Brenar is to be trusted. That was an incredibly fun game, but dear lord Brenar wasn't just wearing armour, but had several kinds of kinetic barriers and displacer fields. Ye gods, he wouldn't die. I did enjoy those slingers - it almost seemed they were more effective smashing Grishak in the face with their 1 CS rather than shooting at times.

Having seen all the models again in person, I should probably up the ante of my painting - as I said Mike, your priests are excellent. Makes me tempted to add crimson or purple/bone in place of green as a 'swathe' spot colour/s. Hmm. Hmmmm. I may have to repaint one of the Acolytes to see.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 10:34:22 pm »

I left quite early because of my illness but I managed to snag a Laden belan really early on! was nice to see faces even if i didnt get any  names Tongue

Ritualnet
Jenta

An untold story, known by all.

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »

Hi, I loved the demo, and glad I bought the starter/stuff! It was amazing to see the game in the flesh, and it was definitely the highlight of Salute (my first visit too) for me. My partner actually liked the figures too! I just need to get around to making them.

There is one thing I need to check, in the starter, the militia unit, is it supposed to contain 5 figures (with 6 bases and 6 spears)? I looked over the figures but not sure if there is a militia captain or not I went on to Pyre to see what they said, but they just said "militia unit", and not the number of figures in there.

Aside from that, I love it, my partner likes it, and when I get home I'll start building and painting!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 11:52:43 pm »

There is one thing I need to check, in the starter, the militia unit, is it supposed to contain 5 figures (with 6 bases and 6 spears)? I looked over the figures but not sure if there is a militia captain or not I went on to Pyre to see what they said, but they just said "militia unit", and not the number of figures in there.

Looks like you're missing a dude. Get in touch with Carcharoth and he'll sort you out

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: