The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:03:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Salute 2012 - the games  (Read 15513 times)
Ritualnet
Jenta

An untold story, known by all.

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 12:19:13 am »

I will do! For now though, I'm going to bed to read the rulebooks. I'm trying to work out if there is any set "bad guys/good guys" or if it's all really just shades of grey (The hunters are now the hunted, the slaves are now rulers, who refuse to help, and the outcasts now invade).
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 08:00:18 am »

Glad you had fun at Salute - its quite an experience isn't it! It was fun playing the demo games and everybody I played with seemed to enjoy themselves. If made all the work on the board seem really worthwhile!  Smiley

I've sent you an email re the militia and i will sort it out ASAP.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 11:37:54 am »

I'm trying to work out if there is any set "bad guys/good guys" or if it's all really just shades of grey

I would generally say the Faburnii are the good guys while the Devanu are evil. But that's just me Tongue

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 01:23:49 pm »

Ritualnet actually summed it up rather nicely in his email to me - I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him!

I will read through the rules in a bit, but I am curious about something. Some games, have a set "this is bad/this is good", while others blur the lines. Where does the factions in Twilight stand on this? The  Devanu seem "evil" as they enslaved the Fubarnii, but then they seem to be more instinctual/predator animals, so just like a lion, there is no "right or wrong" to them. The Fubarnii are the downtrodden who rise up and create an empire, but then refused to aid the Delgon, when they needed it, not to mention their drive to destroy any gathering of Devanu that gets too large. Then the Delgon, who were outcasts, are "invading" the Empire, but are convinced the Empire is at fault, for forcing the Devanu into their territories, and then refusing to help them.

I think it all just depends on the context. The Devanu are the 'monsters', but for the most part they are just trying to survive. Generally the best way to survive is to keep your head down and not kill Fubarnii, but some Devanu (usually ambitious young jenta) don't 'follow the rules' and that generally brings the wrath of the Knights down on them and any other Devanu in the vicinity. The Empire are generally clear cut good guys, but in an empire that size there will be unpleasant characters, and some of those will have floated to positions of power. The Delgon sincerely believe they are the good guys, but they are intent on butchering devanu, slaughtering innocent villagers and expanding their realm, all for the greater good.

I always found it interesting to see what colour stone players chose if they were Devanu. There was a black stone or a white stone, and only once did a devanu player choose the white stone...
Ritualnet
Jenta

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 01:40:14 pm »

I'm so embarrassed. I opened my pack while sitting down, and then when counting the figures, couldn't find one of the Militia.

When I stood up to make a drink, something small and shiny hit the ground. The last Militia.

I'm so sorry. I have all my figures!

I think the Devanu, as you said, they didn't mis-treat the Fubarnii, they just used them, like we use 'lesser' animals. The young ones must be like "we want to restore what we was, we don't want to hide and pick away at the offal of the Empire".

I am really interested to see where they all go. I need to finish reading all the fluff, but I do wonder if the Empire will reach a peak, and then start to decline, rot away as individuals with power become corrupted. Will the Devanu eventually have a 'saviour' that will reunite the tribes, and form them into their own empire? Will Devanu and Fubarnii fight side by side against Delgon?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:56:44 pm by Ritualnet » Logged
Mrs Carcharoth
Blue Penguin of Doom!
Development Team
Jenta

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 02:48:18 pm »

I'm so embarrassed. I opened my pack while sitting down, and then when counting the figures, couldn't find one of the Militia.

When I stood up to make a drink, something small and shiny hit the ground. The last Militia.

I'm so sorry. I have all my figures.

That's brilliant, very glad they are all there, I packed all the militia units and was concerned that I might have messed them all up, phew  Grin
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

Judging from other game systems, the Empire will soon reach technological age of mastery as the engineers eventually begin to share their ideas and work together. A conclave of Fubarnii will then out the current Emperor in a civil war that leaves only those of the faithful left, before coalescing in to a single individual known only by their position - The Emperor. He will unite all the Fubarnii tribes or they will perish, before a giant schism plunges the world of Twilight in to a perpetual twilight as The Emperor is struck down.

His wounds nearly mortal, the Emperor will be forced to integrate with a large technologically advanced throne created by the Adepts of Mar the Delgon, at which point there will be generations and generations of grimdarkness.

Clearly.

Ritualnet
Jenta

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 10:09:22 pm »

Judging from other game systems, the Empire will soon reach technological age of mastery as the engineers eventually begin to share their ideas and work together. A conclave of Fubarnii will then out the current Emperor in a civil war that leaves only those of the faithful left, before coalescing in to a single individual known only by their position - The Emperor. He will unite all the Fubarnii tribes or they will perish, before a giant schism plunges the world of Twilight in to a perpetual twilight as The Emperor is struck down.

His wounds nearly mortal, the Emperor will be forced to integrate with a large technologically advanced throne created by the Adepts of Mar the Delgon, at which point there will be generations and generations of grimdarkness.

Clearly.

Actually, I'd say the Delgon, are always there, trying to tempt the various Fubarnii tribes to join their cause. Eventually they manage to taint the mind of the leader of the conclave, who then eventually starts the great war. This war is taken to the Emperor's own city, and through a moment of desperation to end this conflict, he and his remaining conclave travel too the traitor's floating island. The Delgon however manage to cause the ship the capsize, spilling the group into the sea, separated from each other when they finally made land. The traitor manages to strike down the most powerful of the conclave, before meeting with the Emperor, and after a cataclysmic battle, the Emperor, mortally wounded, managed to strike down his most trusted, now turned traitor.

The Fubarnii engineers took wounded Emperor, and built a contraption, powered by both water wheels and an air turbine, which would sustain his life, while his brilliant mind led the conclave and their tribes across the world, to finally bring His word and will to all.

In the background, the Delgon manipulate the weak and foolish, turning tribes against tribes, all the while trying to bring anarchy to the known world. The Denavu, originally the keepers and cataloguers of the races on the world, now have returned, devouring all in their path due to their single minded, yet twisted view of their original task.
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 10:19:35 pm »

Hah, a much better refinement! Kudos sir, kudos.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »

Smiley

You are both quite inventively mad.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: