The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:55:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Beasts  (Read 11020 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 07:04:20 am »

Ooo...do tell...

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 07:30:42 am »

Hopefully MARK can get around to doing a big nasty beastie soon...

Fixed Tongue

We can have more than one big beastie  Grin
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 08:31:18 am »

Cheesy Yay Cheesy
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 08:48:12 am »

I think you'd need different rules depending upon the scenario as the two are going to be bound together really.

If you have predatory beasts vs. sentients (eg Ghrishak vs. Fubarnii) then they should play just like any other faction with Kopas, Sempas & Jentas.

If you have hunters vs. herd beasties (eg Devanu vs. enuk herd) then the beasts should be trying to get from one side of the board to the other or start in the centre of the board and attempt to leave it. Apart from that they should work like any other faction with Kopas, Sempas & Jentas. If you have herders protecting the herd then they should lead the force but obviously they have the added benefit of offering protection.

If you have sentients vs. a big beastie then one should be ambushing the other. Both sides working like normal except that the beastie loses if dead, obviously Wink

If you have hunters attacking a big beastie in their nest, perhaps they have young to protect, then the beast should have to attack or chase off any models that get too close but must always return to the nest.

By tying the beasts into the scenario I think you'll get a more "realistic" game as beasts motivations are more basic than a sentient beast, even if the ultimate aim is the same; eat, MAKE BABIES, sleep, keep young safe.

HN

-------
lol
HN watching to much Game of Thrones I reckon.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:30:12 am by Klute » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 10:52:57 am »

Another example would be a Devanu tribe attacking a herd of beasts, with the other side protecting them. Ideally the beasts would behave in a realistic manner, following their neighbours, but fleeing from the nearest threat. I could 'code' a set of rules that they would play by, but making them simple enough to be playable would be a challenge. It would make for a fun participation game with a GM controlling the herd - the Devanu player would be trying to break off weak animals and avoid the defenders while the herd breaks and reforms trying to escape and protect themselves. The beasts would need to be hard enough to kill that the Devanu couldn't just charge in and get a kill easily... I'll write up that sort of scenario at some point, just to try it out...
Ritualnet
Jenta

An untold story, known by all.

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 11:17:14 am »

Wouldn't the 'code' be easy though?

Any lesser herd animal must end it's move adjacent to another herd animal.
Any greater herd animal (i.e. the bulls or alphas) will always move to support any attacked lesser herd animal
They move in the shortest line to the edge of the board, if their movement is "blocked" by hunters, they will steam-roll over them in panic

Adding some randomness could be like:

1 - Panic! The group scatters, each herd animal moving in a random direction (scatter dice/8 sided Blood Bowl scatter chart etc)
2-3 - Regroup! The herd gather around each other, any herd animals not in base to base contact, will gain sprint
4-5 - Forge on! The herd move towards the edge of the board designated as their exit point.
6 - Attack! Some flicker of intelligence sparks the Alpha animal to lead an attack. All herd animals gain charge and as a unit, move towards the closest enemy.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: