The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 06:33:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cepheida  (Read 3550 times)
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« on: June 17, 2012, 01:19:59 pm »

Just thought I'd post about this briefly in case it was of interest to anyone.

I'm working on writing a set of rules & background for a sci-fi skirmish setting, entitled "Cepheida" for no particular reason except that Cepheids are a type of star. The idea was/is to make something more light hearted and exploration/narrative focussed than the more run of the mill "grimdark kill kill kill" style settings. I'm also interested in making a large and diverse set of aliens to inhabit it; humans are going to be rather more of a fringe race (albeit present).

I've set up a little forum for it on another site I help out on, the FAQs thread there gives a bit more info:
http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=106.0

I'll probably post some of my early-stage rules around at some point and provide more detailed faction information. One of the reasons I thought I should post it here is that the main inspiration for the "S'ruba" race is Mike's lovely "Stalks" space pirate model, who is exactly the kind of little bug-eyed feller I think sci-fi wargames could do with more of at times.

So yeah, that's a basic overview; please do bug me with questions/disagreements/thoughts/ideas etc. Smiley

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 09:15:48 pm »

Sounds like fun! Do share as much as you like here as I would love to see where you go with it  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:51:05 pm »

Sounds interesting Jubal. Looking forward to hearing more.

HN
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:52 am »

I'll certainly be following this one. I'm in the midst of three game development projects so if I can help in anyway just let me know.

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »

Hoping my initial rules will get a playtest in the next fortnight or so - currently trying to work out whether to focus more heavily on individual games or on campaign play though, difficult to avoid over-complexity in the rules!

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: