The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 08:28:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  
Author Topic: A long journey.  (Read 102339 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:37 am »

Yet another update - the pair of Devanu.

The last 2 Dhogu for this month are also half done, so I should get those finished tonight after work as long as I can stay awake.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2012, 12:44:03 am »

Blarg, so tired.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »

Managed another batch - 2 Graku, 2 mounted Herders, Engineer Beru and a Belan.

Also for the Delgon, 3 Belderak (mortar-deraks).

The unladen Belan has some wonderful texture, it practically painted itself in half an hour. As for the Belderaks, I had originally intended for them to only have 2 wheels and a lower profile, closer to a medieval bombard. However I didn't really have any convenient bits to make that with, but has lots of other spares which resulted in the above. They'll certainly fulfill their roles, once they have refined rules.

Mike, I reckon you'll need to do some etched wooden circular templates soon. Wink

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2012, 07:06:24 am »

Good job as always Geck.

Once this tale is over I think you should post pics of all the models you have painted for each faction, must be quite a sight.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2012, 09:01:39 am »

So... How did you do the belderaks?
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2012, 05:34:22 pm »

Cheers HN. I'll be posting up shots of what's been painted cumulatively each month, just need to get everything out!

As for making the Belderaks, here's a tutorial -

You'll need part of an Imperial Guard dozer blade, barrel, small track guard and towing hook (all from the Imperial Guard tank accessory sprue), a spare plate and lasgun from the Imp Guard Chimera kit, and a cart from the GW dwarf miners set. A 50mm ds base is also handy.

First, take the dozer blade mount and trim off the end (keep it handy!) and cut the side prongs on the bottom and semi-circles flat. Remove mould lines.

Then remove the cart from the cart base and trim that flat too, and cut off the little connecting pin on the inside edge. Also remove the studs on the track guard (since the Delgon don't seem to use rivets much) and cut the wide plate from the back of the tow hook.

Stick them together with the cut-circles side towards the raised part of the cart platform, and attach the tow hook in one of the grooves on the dozer mount.

Trim the spare plate down to fit on the raise parts on the back - the bend in the plate fits very nicely on the curve. Also take the other half of the dozer mount you put aside and slice the end off.

Stick on the platform and then attach the slim part of the dozer mount at a rough 45% angle - there's no real flat connecting area, but I found superglue was more than adequate to hold it.

Trim off the ends of the barrel with the raised stud. I chose to trim them at one of the band lines.

Stick them together and place with the retangular prong downwards on the chassis. Again no real flat contact points - I added superglue from the underneath. In terms of positioning Have the front of the barrel just over the inner prongs on the front of the chassis.

Stick on the track guard and swivel the barrel up till it's flat - I again added superglue from the bottom on the contact points. Also, at this point you can plonk it on a base.

Ta daa, one Belderak. The lasgun can be trimmed off the ball for an instant mortar sphere if you like. For those without lots of GW components, the barrel could just as easily be plastic tubing, the plate could be plasticard bent or cut to shape, and the spheres can be made with spare modelling putty of choice.

If you wanted to have the thing loaded from the top rather than the front, any piece of relevant size tubing can be used and stuck to the track guard, but it's not really necessary.

Oh, and that Hunter is finished, with a rather bright skin tone to stand out from all the other browns -

Now I just need to do group shots....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:37:21 pm by Geckilian » Logged

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2012, 11:48:42 pm »

Still soldiering on. Some time was lost this month to a pre-wedding honeymoon and then my wedding, but by the 21st I'm hoping to have Dhogu, Devanu and Delgon done, with the last quarter of the month dedicated to blitzing as much Empire as I possibly can. Tomorrow I should have some Delgon finished up with any luck, and photos too should the weather be good enough to attach snow.

Edit: Here we go.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:48:51 pm by Geckilian » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:08 pm »

Good to see some more progress! My orelan are slowly getting there do I'm fairly certain I'll have something to show as well  Smiley
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2012, 02:30:47 pm »

Cheers, I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Unfortunately for me getting 30+ infantry painted is a long lost dream, so I'll be mainly concentrating on the Captains. That said, Delgon and Devanu are done, the Dhogu are just 2 models away from done and the Empire only need 5 models really.

So, 7 models to sculpt/paint in 6 days. Not too bad really.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2012, 11:15:19 pm »

A bunch of stuff's been finished up -

Still got a load to paint, but those'll be for another time.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:52 am »

Blimey it's been a while, gotta dust this log off.

Inspired by the wip sculpt shots Mike put up, I (literally) dusted off a Twilight figure and began slapping paint on it. I should have a picture up later today, as there's only the armour on the rider to go, so 4 or 5 layers at most. Soon I'll have my not-Danomar Grakukan rider finished, at long last!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2013, 03:17:32 pm »

aaaand here we go, a couple of quick shots of the finished not-Danomar with a Commander and Graku, both from Clan Orelan.

Just a silly number of models to go, a huge chunk of which I'll try to blitz in the 3 weeks lead up to Salute, as usual.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:49 pm »

Really like that piece & just been back through the thread yet again. I'll be bracing my jaw in april ready for it to drop again!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2013, 08:46:42 pm »

Cheers! I was quite pleased with how it turned out, as I converted the jaws of both the rider and mount.

Here's hoping you manage to make it to salute this year! I'm also trying to wrangle it off work.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:52 pm »

Trust you not resist converting the model, even the bits that you sculpted  Cheesy

Good work as usual! Now what about the other four?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  

Jump to: