The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 05:36:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paints: GW, Reaper or P3?  (Read 3630 times)
Lord of Wormwood
Jenta

« on: May 09, 2010, 09:55:20 pm »

As I sit here on Sunday early evening waiting for my first wave of Twilight goodness to arrive from the Old Country, I am trying to get my painting area tidy.
Now I have only just started painting once again after a break of about 7 odd years - I was a GW paint user then that had dabbled in/with Vallejo but found the Vallejo a tad too "special" for me.

Of course after 7 year most of the GW has gone to Paint Heaven and the Vallejo is still...Vallejo.

So I am looking at Reaper or P3 - any ideas? What are the key colours that I "just have to have?". Also blending/layering tips.

Please place this topic in the "right" area if found wandering the forums.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
varagon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:24:31 pm »

Reaper makes a lot of colors compared to the P3 range of paints.  I believe that PP has stopped production of their metallic colors (or some of them maybe???) as they had issues.  I have all the P3 paints and enjoy using them. 

RMS paints are great as they come in triads if you like that. 

In my opinion, the P3 are a little more smooth in use.  The RMS are a little thinner and mixing is easier due to the dropper bottles.

However, I own a ton of the RMS and all othe P3s and use them both on and off.  I'd suggest buying a few of each and doing some testing (or borrow if you can).  They both mix together well.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:07:19 am »

sorry Lord Wormwood - didn't see your question until now.

However I only use the Foundry paints (following a very generous christmas present from my wife a couple of years ago)... i admit i love the triad systems - i never mix paint unless i'm doing something fancy-schmancy and trying to get mix a tone between two of the triad colours.

The foundry colours are good with strong pigment - except the reds which are horrid. Their yellows rock though!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: