The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:35:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Ramblings 10 - Flora of Anyaral  (Read 24760 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 04:49:48 pm »

If I were to be really picky on the mushrooms I'd suggest that the ground based mushrooms and the bracket-type mushrooms should be more different in their colour schemes. Not that I'd ever be picky Wink

I don't think I've ever sketched the Egrun yet. Don't expect them to simply be large smurf-style mushrooms though. I'm more likely to draw inspiration from some of the various weird seedpod type things that you find in florists. I've got some cool bits that I've found at various times that I'd like to play with at some point.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »

Just looking through this again and I find myself wondering...what is a Gakrid? Plant or creature?

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 01:42:04 pm »

Garkrid are pretty much the same as insects - numerous and very varied!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 03:53:14 pm »

Ahh...I think I was confusing it with a plant. Not a problem though Smiley

HN
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:49 pm »

I would like to see this flora developed for the Kickstarter, but it is probably low on the priorities! Tongue Sad
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 05:04:49 am »

The Gakrid were also mentioned as something the fenur use for their stinging pots. So I wondered if it is just a name for a species (like we say insect) or for a race (like ants, bees, ...)?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 10:02:53 am »

Garkrid are the Anyaral equivalent to insects - they come in all shapes and sizes!
There's a plate of cooked (or at least prepared) garkrid that Mark sculpted and I've just had a larger garkrid back from the casters - not sure what I'll do with that yet! The little sketches of flying bugs that are in the books are also garkrid.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 10:08:16 am »

By the way, it's Frenu rather than Fenur  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 11:30:54 am »

Oops, sorry about that  Embarrassed
Thank you for the reply!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: