The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 12:19:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scenery Building ... some notes  (Read 4162 times)
Crouch
Jenta

« on: December 23, 2014, 08:06:37 am »

So I've finished reading through every thread in the Scenery Building forum and I have to say that Brandlin seems to have done a great job on the kits he's developed - as well as eating through mountains of pringles!

I'll be sharing my creations when I start working on things in January but if I'm honest I'm a little surprised that there are not many other people (aside from some of the more recent posts) sharing images of the scenery or terrain they use for WoT?

Looking forward to posting some pictures in January, as well as producing some video tutorials for my youtube channel.

Cheers
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 04:13:54 pm »

I do have some buildings underway, similar in appearance to  those by Brandlin, however I have been sidetracked by painting my Twilight forces.

If I have some spare time over Xmas, I must have a go at finishing at least one of them.  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »

I do plan to make some WoT specific terrain, but it is not a priority.
Since I'm still planning on what to paint first it probably will be 2015 before I get any terrain done.
Recently I received my rolling fields demo board from the tablescapes KS, this will be a good start once I get it painted and flocked

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »

Brandlin's board was stunning! The little kits are fun to build as well, but I'm not entirely sure if you can still get them (worth trying to contact Alan to see if he has a few kits left in stock).
Steve did another great demo board two years ago - a delgon outpost. I'm not sure there are enough photos of that around...
I would certainly be excited to see some more scenery projects! I do love building scenery, but recently my scenery-building and mini painting time were sacrificed while I worked on the book. I might have to try and revamp my circular demo table at some point.
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 07:21:49 pm »

I've been working on one of Brandlins kits in the last few days. Once I've finished that and painted up a portion of my Delgon force (quite big since the kickstarter...) Im going to start a Delgon outpost. I'll post pictures. Probably in a decade or so...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 09:58:54 pm »

Hopefully next year I'm going to build a couple of Wot terrain bits but will just have to see how my time goes, what with kids, DIY and a whole load of mini painting (inc. an Engu starter set).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: