The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:15:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Casanii  (Read 3583 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 27, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

I am very excited about these guys and really looking forward to making a unit out of them when I get to Salute this year, So I just wanted to know a little bit more about them and maybe what other people think they should be like.
I imagine that they are slightly more 'primitive' then their northern cousins in that they wear body paint and perhaps have a more tribal culture then an industrious built up one.
Do they venture far north? The Enipel are from the great lakes so I know that isnt North north but can they be hired out as mercenaries?
Do they consider technology magical?
Just some little questions  Roll Eyes

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 05:10:14 pm »

Now that's a big question!
They have a very different culture to most of the Empire. The Casanii are a (very) loose alliance of tribes that occupy a large region to the south west of Anyaral. They are notionally part of the Empire, but it is likely that 99% of the casanii population aren't really aware of this fact.
They are less technically developed than the Empire, but will happily make use of weapons and technology that they can trade for (although mechanical devices tend to break fairly quickly and get discarded). Technology is possibly magical, but that doesn't mean they are in awe of it
Some Casanii will venture North to explore, generally selling their services to traders and travelling with them across the Empire. Some Casanii do find their way into the Knighthoods, but have a quite lax view of the 'service for life', generally staying as long as they want before deserting. Most commanders realise that not much can be done about this, so make use of them while they serve.

Some traders have relatively large retinues of Casanii warriors as bodyguards, for example Jarla (see the character design contest from last year).

The new rulebook will only have rules for a Casanii Scout, but more than happy to help with rules for a more varied force.
As a preview, here are the rules as they stand:

Casanii Scout - Solo - 30pts
M: 6 C: 3 S: 1 T: 5+ Stamina: 1
Solo [T]: After this model has activated, return one of your Initiative Counters to the pool.
Beast Handler [L]: Activate up to 2 friendly Beast models.
Command Range: 6”
Sprint* [A]: After Moving, move an additional 4”.
Focus* [A]: The next Ranged Attack this model makes this turn can get either an extra 4” of range or an additional Combat Stone for the attack. This ability can only be used once per turn.
Longbow [R]: Move up to 3” then make a 2CS Ranged Attack against one target within 12”.
  Accurate: Recast up to one failed combat stone.
Ranger [T]: This model may move over difficult terrain without Moving Cautiously.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:11:57 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:43 pm »

I'm liking the incredibly fast movement these guys have! It looks like they should be able to help tackle some speeding Devanu now Grin
I notice they can move beast models, is this a hint to any Casanii hunting/scouting animals that they may have in the near future Cheesy

I will definitely be picking up a few of these and maybe an extra one to convert into a Shaman.
Might have an idea for some kind of spirit walker model. I will have to think of a few rules for him though
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:48:33 pm by Megatron0 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: