The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:27:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Joek's painted Twilight menagerie...  (Read 30511 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »

lovely paint job sir. I like the colour choice, it ties them togther but Danakan still stands out as the boss.

HN
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 10:57:07 pm »

Great looking figures

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 12:01:03 pm »

Splendid work, really enjoying the drab tones with the colour being sneaked in just so. The Enuk are my favourite piece colouring wise and the Engineer? My gosh - love him! (Mike knows this already, saw one in person and didnt stop gabbing for 5mins hahah)

joek
Jenta

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »

Just hope my version of the Casinii works out...followed your colour scheme closely. Wish I had a little more time, but think it'll do the job Smiley
joek
Jenta

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 04:27:50 pm »

Well, Salute has been and gone and was enjoyed thoroughly by me - as both a trader and as a wanderer around the stands! Admittedly, there wasn't much wandering going around, due to the show being so bloody busy. However, I did manage to give my box loads of painted figures to Mike, and he didn't chuck them back at me at the end of the day, so I guess they did the job Smiley .

For those who didn't see him on FB, I did finish the Casanii before the show:

Wonderful figure!

And now I've kind of started a bit of fun. Still Twilight though, but this one's kind of 'in my own time'...

I'm titling the piece: 'Get off my Mountain'.

Small amount of conversion work going on, and hopefully the base will make more sense when it's dried and painted...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 06:33:15 pm »

Lovely paintjob on the Casanii joe.

Roban looks good but shouldn't he have a blond Sempa in his free hand? Wink
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »

I'm stupidly happy how well that turned out from sculpting to painting - such a trip seeing the drawing just standing there. Cheesy

Really appreciate you following the original art, means a lot. Smiley

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 07:17:01 pm »

I'm stupidly happy how well that turned out from sculpting to painting - such a trip seeing the drawing just standing there. Cheesy

well nows the time to do more Cheesy

joek
Jenta

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »

well nows the time to do more Cheesy

I second that!

In other news, I've started plotting in some colours for the Roban...

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 08:25:38 am »

Whoa he looks like he's carved from rock. Nice colouring on the armour.
joek
Jenta

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 08:33:50 am »

I suspect he's so thoroughly angry with everything because he's stuck in the snow, with nothing protecting his nether regions...I keep on thinking I need to sculpt him a scarf and some gloves :p
joek
Jenta

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 10:49:59 pm »

Well, this really hasn't taken much time at all Smiley . Not finished yet, as there's snow and other bits and bobs to finish off (not least some open areas of putty that were needed to 'fit' the big chap in. However, we're getting there.

joek
Jenta

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2013, 12:12:59 pm »

Well, I think it's done to where I'm happy enough with it. Certainly not the proper colour scheme, but Mike let me off the leash long enough to play around with this one for myself Smiley .

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »

Great job mate. I don't think there is one element of this I don't like. Particularly loving the subtle tattoos/ markings.

HN
joek
Jenta

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:28 pm »

For some reason these ones had a rather longer gestation than usual. I blame real life (tm) for getting involved.

Anyway, here are some of the Noble guards with the command upgrade kit attached...

And another with what I like to term as the uber standard...

They fit together lovely Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: