The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:37:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Other paintjobs...  (Read 6943 times)
joek
Jenta

« on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

When I'm not busy painting the creatures of Twilight, I do paint other stuff too...mostly GW it has to be said. It's like the bread and butter of the hobby world. They're fun to paint, and they do always sell better on eBay...Also, I'm still a bit of a fan of their stuff if truth be told. Which is not to say they don't do some real rubbish, but I do like the Festus figure a lot.

Started it earlier today, and enjoying painting it in all sorts of icky colours!

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »

Love it. Really evocative of ol' papa nurgle. What paint ranges do you use?

joek
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:18:57 pm »

Love it. Really evocative of ol' papa nurgle. What paint ranges do you use?

Well, whilst I've got (literally) hundreds of pots from all over the place, I do tend to veer towards the GW ones - infact, I've been thoroughly impressed with the new ones. Decent coverage on them.

However, when it comes to metals - I've found the Vallejo Model Air ones to be absolutely excellent - the chrome one in particular is probably the best metal I've ever used!
joek
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:58:00 pm »

Have to say I'm really enjoying painting this one up Smiley . It's nice to not be so precise all the time!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53:31 am »

That is one ugly creation... Fun though, and the paint job is coming along nicely!
joek
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 08:52:00 pm »

Finished 'Uncle' Festus. Loved painting him up - one of the best GW figs I've seen for a very long time really Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 08:10:44 pm »

beautiful really isn't the right word and yet.....  Shocked Shocked

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 08:41:03 pm »

Awesome  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: