The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:29:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I painted more than one knight yet?  (Read 63362 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 10:54:59 pm »

First ever painted frenu, excluding one of the first I sculpted years ago...
Good job! Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 11:25:41 am »

well, you should all know by now that time is rather flexible for me, so a little later than planned, but the first battle pics are finally here!

These were the first games in a couple of years, so tactics were, well, questionable at best but all good fun none the less and memories were certainly tripped into action for better games since then!

The table is set for the Journey Home scenario. I used some old 15mm fantasy buildings I made for the settlement - not ideal, but they worked!

With much sprinting and leaping, The Devanu Kopa and Sempa went to head off the knights before they get to the trader caravan. Knight captain falls fast enough, and the devanu decide to mop up here before moving their attentions on to the main group.

Who can only watch from the distance, as their support appears to disintegrate ahead of them.

Then, back with the Kopa, last seen squaring up against a lowly Fubarni knight, this happened.

And even After using all my remaining stamina points, the end result was this....

I'd failed 11 50/50 casts on the trott! And then failed the tough save. End game in turn 2. Ouch.

My Kopa had clearly tripped, skidded off his claws and straight into the lance of the befuddled knight! Luckily there were more Devanu in the area, and another caravan expected shortly, so we re-set and headed for combat again, this time heading north to intercept the caravan itself and avoid the slippery Mud nearer the settlement where the knights were approaching from....

The devanu made the most of the defensive opeings and got amongst the caravan quickly, cutting down the first pack animal in short order.

This time it was the knights who were having a hard time of it, and failed to activate  - clearly stuck in the mud themselves!

Things were getting messy at the caravan as the militia rushed to the aid of their civilian charges. And they did pretty well too, repeatedly getting the edge on the Devanu in the combats and holding their attentions away from the Baruk.

But this time the luck was with the Devanu and they got to their targets before the knights made it to the fight. Far more enjoyable game - it lasted more than two turns and a good return to making every plausible mistake in this beautifully simple game Smiley

We've since played 3 more times, and I will be playing again on monday - Finally getting Guildford Games club to join me and dive into WoT! Smiley Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:58 am »

Oh, and the HobbyBrush has been updated with the Devanu Gallery, complete with Kopa pics with newly damaged armour :

http://hobbybrush.com/fantasy/twighlight/devanu/

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 12:00:30 pm »

Looking good! Thanks for sharing the report  Smiley
Your combat stones are looking well worn now...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 04:12:58 pm »

Sounds fun Cheesy Thanks for sharing!

Nice paint jobs, the Kopa looks especially cool. Am liking the subtle colouring.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »

Looking great! We are hoping to have a few games soon with our new recruits.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 08:59:30 am »

Great stuff! Always good to hear when people are playing  Smiley
Let me know if there is anything I can do to support - always good to get ideas...
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 09:23:28 pm »

So, lots more games have been played in the last month - probably about a dozen between us at the Guildford Games Club and more planned for tomorrow and wednesday, as well as orders being placed and KS pledges made. It took me a long time to get the GGC into it, but finally Anyaral has taken hold Smiley

My Latest night of Anyaral gaming was once again at my own house, but I only remembered to take a couple of photos.
We played a 3-way game using  an adjusted version of one of the scenarios which became an absolute bloodbath, with the Fubarnii snatching victory (and the Delgon Priest's body) among the carnage.

And having written that lot, I discover all my images are too large to upload here, and with my website down I cant link them across either!

Well, I've painted 10 Delgon too, but nobody will believe me without pics so I'll save you the waffle for now too  Wink

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 09:48:06 pm »

No pics no painty!  Wink

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 11:06:35 pm »

It's great to hear you playing - looking forward to seeing you all at the show in Guildford (Military in Miniature)!
Send me the pics over and I'll see if I can figure out a way to host them...
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 11:33:21 pm »

Finally, Pictures!

This month has been full of family commitments and organising the MiM show, but painting has been happening and it has primarily been WoT!

A lot of it still has to be finished off, but that will happen in the coming week or so. For the moment - here's the WIP pic Dump to prove I'm not just words....

Regular Casaani scout, and a re-pose is progress. :

Delgon Force under way:

Heavy BodyGuards:

Derrek's:

Striders / Kal-Malog

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 04:31:58 am »

Beautiful work, nice colours that complement each other.
The shocktroopers made me think of the Garthim with their black carapace like armour  Wink. And that is not meant as a bad thing.
I love the Casanii drawing his bowstring, that's going to be an amazing conversion!
Just wondering: what is that blue light at the back of the striders? Is that their powersource (I don't have the model)?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 08:51:01 am »

Looking excellent! Great to see more KalDromar bodyguards painted (the ones with beetly garthrim style armour).
I might have to steal that bow-firing pose for the Casanii. Smiley
What is next on the painting list?
You should show off your Kelahn...
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 06:58:31 pm »

Just wondering: what is that blue light at the back of the striders? Is that their powersource (I don't have the model)?

Thank you! To be honest, I'm not sure what it's meant to be, I just felt they needed a little bit of colour interest so went with it!

Looking excellent! Great to see more KalDromar bodyguards painted (the ones with beetly garthrim style armour).
I might have to steal that bow-firing pose for the Casanii. Smiley
What is next on the painting list?
You should show off your Kelahn...

The Kelahn and Gil still need finishing off, but I'll post pics of their WIP shortly. The 5 devanu I did the skin on about 2 weeks ago havent progressed any further yet either! As I say, not been up to my usual painting speed this month  Undecided

Then its 4 Noble guard + a captain and Banner bearer
Then its some Herder Light cavalry.
Then at some stage, the unpainted WoT pile sits something like (i no particular order...*deeps breath*)

Arak Katan
Roban
2 KalGush
Full trader Caravan (unladen belan, 2 baruk, 2 enuk, trader, mounted trader)
a few little critters including another Frenu which I'll do properly this time!
Fubarnii Elder
oh, and a Full Orelan force pack from last years salute....

then there's what I will be emailing you about shortly in the hopes of a Salute pick-up order  Grin

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 07:14:22 pm »

The Kelahn WiP. Was never meant to be Mauve, but doesn't look that bad in real life! More to do!

And My Gil has progressed from this already but I havent got any more up to date pics yet. Such a nice piece to paint and so lucky to get a pre-cast - Thank you Mike!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: