The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 10:35:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I painted more than one knight yet?  (Read 63785 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 12:31:25 pm »

Another wot Wednesday approaches for us here in guildford, and more reinforcements have passed the brushes in preparation over the weekend  Smiley

Grishak Sempa with a quick bit of paint and ready to go.

Clan Orel are a little bit further down the line, but skin and armour are all done!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »

Very nice, love the colour scheme.
Are they all the same miniature?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 10:32:12 pm »

Yes krypto, they're all the same figure but i gave them very slight variations in leg position. Unfortunately they show up my utter laziness in putting together my own forces. I'm terrible for leaving gaps and jumping on with painting rather than doing the models justice and filling where ive repositioned properly.  Embarrassed

However, I'll brush over that and distract with more pictures of work being done....

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 03:28:36 pm »

I'm really liking what you've done with both the Grishak and the militia! I'm afraid there's only one jenta mini so far - at some point I might do as I did for the original Grishak and convert the two pieces, but I've not managed yet..
The militia are looking awesome! I like the combination of pale blue and dark skin. They are missing a graku though Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 07:33:30 pm »

I can assure you they are not!

2 knights, 2 captains, and of course a mighty Grakukan are all on the way too Smiley

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »

Lots of graku! I like the colour scheme and they should go well with the militia. Are you going with a similar scheme for the grakukan?
Are you doing an Orel style hunter to finish them off? Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 09:10:25 pm »

Great job TuffSkull! The armour of the militia match that of the noble guard well, while not being the same.
And the Graku, what more can I say: they look lovely! Nice work on the bases of the Graku too.
Groupshot?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 09:31:31 pm »

Thanks guys  Grin

The Grakukan will indeed be in basically an identical scheme to it's smaller cousins.

And yes, there will be a hunter, but he'll be rather generic so I can use him with all my various forces.

There will be a group shot soon, when I have the rest of the Orel forces complete!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 09:47:41 pm »

Random note to myself - I just realised I don't own a devanu Sempa! I though I had them all...... Something for the festive wish list at least  Grin

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2014, 11:45:30 am »

Another great game last night. Played the inferno scenario from the new book, but with three different empire forces (nobles, Orel, and regular fubarnii) rather than those defined in the scenario.

Really different type of scenario and good fun. Must try it with the proper forces when we all get the real book!

I might try to get some inspiration and do a proper write up again, but time and inspiration are neither there at the moment.

In the mean time, clan Orel progresses:

As usual, I got lazy and shields are still to come....

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2014, 05:31:02 pm »

That is going to be a great looking force! That's almost the entire starter force done, just the captain to go  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2014, 05:53:10 pm »

Lazy Smiley? What you get done in a few days, at such high quality, would take me months.
They look great! Only the white spears look a bit strange on the riders.
Strange though, as it didn't bother me with the militia.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »

Got distracted by some little things this evening...

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »

Stripy pagefourus!
They'll go well with Gil. Have you tried him out yet? I'm wondering who will be the first person to use him to field a Kelahn in an empire force...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 06:34:24 pm »

Loving the critters. Cool colour scheme for the knights too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: