The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:09:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I painted more than one knight yet?  (Read 63364 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2015, 11:26:50 am »

Thanks guys!  Grin

Something I noticed just now and seems a bit odd:
Your Yirnak and Dhogu use the same skin and fur colours, but for some reason you didn't mirror this to the skerrats. Why not? The force would look more uniform if you did so.

I know what you mean, but Strangely, I'm more inclined to go the other way and change the Yirnaks up a bit.

They do actually have a different colour coat, and are highlighted with different tones (approaching yellows &bones rather than white as on the dhogu themselves) but the overall effect does end up looking remarkably similar which I was disappointed in, but too lazy to change.

The skerrats I wanted to look non distinct as generic animals of Anyaral, since they occasionally get used alongside Gil Marshall etc in other forces.

Thus, what I cannot justify is actually the skin tone of the Yirnaks matching that of the Dhogu.... Hmm... This really might need to change - any suggestions?

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2015, 11:47:18 am »

I always thought that the fur on the dhogu was supposed to be boots or similar. In which case they could be yirnak fur? Tongue
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2015, 12:45:34 pm »

Thanks guys!  Grin

Something I noticed just now and seems a bit odd:
Your Yirnak and Dhogu use the same skin and fur colours, but for some reason you didn't mirror this to the skerrats. Why not? The force would look more uniform if you did so.

I know what you mean, but Strangely, I'm more inclined to go the other way and change the Yirnaks up a bit.

They do actually have a different colour coat, and are highlighted with different tones (approaching yellows &bones rather than white as on the dhogu themselves) but the overall effect does end up looking remarkably similar which I was disappointed in, but too lazy to change.

The skerrats I wanted to look non distinct as generic animals of Anyaral, since they occasionally get used alongside Gil Marshall etc in other forces.

Thus, what I cannot justify is actually the skin tone of the Yirnaks matching that of the Dhogu.... Hmm... This really might need to change - any suggestions?

Well, I quite like the contrast between the skin and fur on the Yirnaks.
But I've been thinking to do a male mandrill face on mine if I ever got to it.
I think a more subtle beige may also work. It would be more in line with the skerrats.
A light grey (going to almost white) might also work.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2015, 09:02:51 pm »

Great painting

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2015, 01:43:04 pm »

I always thought that the fur on the dhogu was supposed to be boots or similar. In which case they could be yirnak fur? Tongue

Never thought to look at them like that.... But I always like to have a spare get out clause in case it's needed! Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2015, 01:46:51 pm »

I think a more subtle beige may also work. It would be more in line with the skerrats.

Good thoughts krypto, thanks! I'm very tempted to add a couple more to the force as I've found five striders really bring them into their own, and I think the same may go for yirnak. This will be the time when I re do all the faces & I'll definitely refer back to your ideas when I get back to the yirnak, thank you!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2015, 04:50:40 pm »

I'm very tempted to add a couple more to the force as I've found five striders really bring them into their own, and I think the same may go for yirnak.
Spoken like a true optimist!

Fantastic to see the full army shots Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »

Good thoughts krypto, thanks! I'm very tempted to add a couple more to the force as I've found five striders really bring them into their own, and I think the same may go for yirnak. This will be the time when I re do all the faces & I'll definitely refer back to your ideas when I get back to the yirnak, thank you!

Glad I could help a bit.
Sounds like a good idea to do some more themed forces.
The striders, led perhaps by Roban, could make a very fearsome looking force. The same may go for a Dhogu cavalry force.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2015, 03:12:23 pm »

Fantastic!

The full army shots are great!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2015, 10:12:11 pm »

Thanks tater - glad you like them!

So tonight, this guy has been started.... No big deal.... but he has been waiting for quite a while! Wink lots more to do on him!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2015, 09:08:45 am »

Nice, I look forward to see him painted!

Which miniature is there in the background?
Looks like a civilian, but I'm not sure.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2015, 10:50:08 am »

He looks distinctly musical to me... Lovely striped trousers!

That might not be the only Enarii that Paul is painting Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2015, 05:48:08 pm »

He looks distinctly musical to me... Lovely striped trousers!

He is indeed my musician conversion, with temporarily abandoned paint scheme. Not happy with him, but he remains knocking around my painting board.

That might not be the only Enarii that Paul is painting Smiley

I don't know what you mean.......   Cheesy Wink

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2015, 01:33:01 pm »

It's two weeks since salute and it occurred to me that I haven't actually shown the last bits I was working on for the day, so.....

The garkrid were done for use in the Bug Hunt scenario on the main demo table on the day. Slightly brighter than I (and certainly mike...) had envisaged them, but they needed to stand out on the table, and somewhat succeeded in that aim as such.

The hive was thrown together the day before the show to work as a central objective piece, with it's garkrid guard greedily retreating with an arm from a bagrun Wink

Alongside the painting of the first Dehran for display on the day, I finally got around to working up Roban, who as also mostly done, but remained unused - can only be a good thing that we were too busy running demos to mess around ourselves!

And then of course, there was also Dehran himself, who got his own thread already, but deserves a place in my main log here too...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:35:18 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2015, 01:42:19 pm »

And somebody, I think in my Dehran thread, asked to see a shot with all three of the Enarii in my collection. Well, here they are:- Roban, Derhan, Malog (conversion & paint by geckillian / Chris parry), and just for scale, commander Brennar, and a Pagefourus critter Wink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: