The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:08:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casanii spirit walker  (Read 4865 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 30, 2013, 12:44:05 am »

So I really like the tribal concept of the Casanii but also their rules sets and from looking at the scouts rules I can see that they are heavily movement based.

So on that note I wanted to create a spiritual leader with a unique movement effect.

Casanii Spirit walkers are sought out in times of trouble, often hermits, these Fubarnii can traverse the physical plane in order to seek out answers from the spirits. Highly prized in some areas of the empire, they make excellent advisor's, if not a little strange.
On the battlefield they have an excellent understanding of the ebb and flow of fortune and can manipulate the tides of luck to make their allies land lethal blows or dodge attacks that could result in instant death. When confronted by danger or if they need to deploy to a new vantage point they can leave the physical world and reappear elsewhere almost instantly...

Casanii Spirit walker -Leader - 35pts
M: 6 C: 2 S: 1 T: 5+ Stamina: 2
Command Range: 6”
Sprint* [A]: After Moving, move an additional 4”.
Longbow [R]: Move up to 3” then make a 2CS Ranged Attack against one target within 12”.
Spirit walk [A]: After the turn ends but before a new initiative counter is drawn this model may make a full movement even if it had previously activated this turn. It may move through enemy models, terrain and any obstacle without penalty during the spirit walk.
Talisman[T]: All friendly models with 6" of this model may recast one failed combat stone per turn.

I thought it was a little quirky and I guess I want him to look like the new tonto from lone ranger

looking forward to getting to grips with the casanii
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:48:31 am by Megatron0 » Logged

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:19:20 am »

Interesting, very interesting...

This is what I like about Twilight, the possibilities are endless.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:23:45 am »

Sounds cool, are you going to convert one up?

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »

Sounds cool, are you going to convert one up?

HN

I am! I have never done any twilight conversions before but I will definitely give this one a go

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 05:18:55 pm »

Hmm. Looking at it, Spirit Walk is a nice ability, but seems to be something that'd be suited to a stamina. Otherwise, each turn she can move 6", sprint 4" then move 6". So 16" a turn without any balacing cost, since she has 2 stamina but only has the sprint ability which requires it.

If Spirit Walk had a stamina use, then the 2 stamina could allow her to go 16" in a turn if she blitzed both stamina, or 12" each turn if she was relying on the regen each turn, which is still very fast by Twilight standards, and still allows her to move through scenery and models thus ignoring Move Cautiously.

Until it's playtested and we hear feedback I can't truly comment on talisman, but it seems incredibly powerful when combined with massed blocks of infantry such as Empire troops. If however 'Casanii' ends up being a separate faction, then it's less of an issue as the so far implied higher base cost of the troops would be a limiting factor.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 10:40:58 pm »

It's a fun idea and quite in keeping with how I see the casanii. Note that magic in Anyaral is similar to magic on earth - I'm not saying categorically that it doesn't exist, but most can be seen as bluster, tricks and slight of hand. He might believe he is walking through a spiritual plain, but there is probably some clever trick to it...
I've never done many end of turn abilities, but doesn't mean I would dismiss the idea. It should be a stamina ability though.
Talisman is very powerful as a free ability. Maybe a chant ability that inspires nearby models (similar to Brenar). Maybe limit the range to 3". Again, should have a stamina cost.
Should longbow have the same benefits as the scout has, or is he less effective with the weapon?

Nice idea overall, looking forward to seeing the conversion!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:48:21 pm »

I never actually tried to balance this model when I wrote it, I just took the scout template and added some effects that I thought complimented the model Wink. It should be a stamina though I agree.
I imagine this as a character for a Casanii force. So perhaps if you're looking at it in terms of an empire model your perception may be skewed.  But on that note lets have a look at a revise shall we?

Casanii Spirit walker -Leader - 45pts
M: 6 C: 2 S: 1 T: 5+ Stamina: 2
Command Range: 6”
Loyal[T] You may only take this model if every model in your force is Casanii
Sprint* [A]: After Moving, move an additional 4”.
Longbow [R]: Move up to 3” then make a 2CS Ranged Attack against one target within 12”.
Spirit walk**[A]: After the turn ends but before a new initiative counter is drawn this model may make a full movement even if it had previously activated this turn. It may move through enemy models, terrain and any obstacle without penalty during the spirit walk.
Talisman[T]: All friendly models with 3" of this model may recast one failed combat stone per turn

Ok so I have upped the points cost, dropped the range on talisman, put spirit walk as a two stamina cost action to make it an 'epic' move. I have kept the bow as I imagine all Casanii are trained to a high level of skill with a bow? (if not i will drop that) and included a trait: Loyal. This should keep this fella in a all Casanii force Smiley

I hope that may be a little better. Any more feedback Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: