The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 04:05:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new traveller  (Read 5222 times)
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:58 am »

Hi all !
My name is Nico, 32 years old, and the proud daddy of 2 cute little boys (4 and 1 years). I'm a wargames player for 15 years, beginning by the classic GW games. I'm an absolute fan of "Alkemy", a french skirmish scenarised game (translated in english). Most recently i succumbed to the x-wing miniatures game.

I've discovered Twilight a little bit randomly: there was a little article, few years ago, in the french wargames magazine "Ravage". There was a sketch of a fubarnii knight, and a short explaination of the game. This stired my curiosity, and i made a google search ^^

Then i went with my wargaming club ("les Marie Louise des Flandres") at Salute 2012, and fell on WoT Stand. Wow ! I fell in love with the range of miniatures, that made me remind some movies of my childhood, like Labyrinth or Dark Crystal (Bryan Froud powaaa  Cheesy ). I sadly had at this time few money to spend, so i went back with only a fubarnii knight captain.

I just finished to paint it, still the base to do. Pics soon in an appropriate topic.

This year at Salute i bought some other minis (I'm the guy who said to Mike that the minis were hard -not to say impossible- to find and buy in France), and i'll try to show the game at my club. Hope that other gamers will be interested... Wink

I will certainly have a few questions concerning rules, or anything else, but before i will explore the forum a little bit !  Smiley

Bonne journée !  Grin

PS: sorry for my approximate english...  Undecided
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:02:35 am by Letchaï » Logged

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:39:31 pm »

Bienvenue!

Your English is better than my French.

I am sure you will find Twilight fascinating, but it is rather addictive!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:36 pm »

Yup, I find it terribly addictive  Grin

Welcome! Your English is very good, so no need to apologise.
I remember you from salute (although the day is quite a blur!). I don't have any European distribution at the moment, but you can get hold of everything from the main site (via Pyre) - he does very reasonable shipping to France.

We're generally a friendly bunch here, so have a look around and feel free to ask any questions you may have, even if it involves resurrecting old threads.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 10:09:50 am »

welcome fellow traveller!

Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:18:13 am »

Thanks for the welcome ! First game soon, but with proxies... :/ But i'm sure i will love it ! ^^

The difficulty will consist to convince my wife to start a new game system and minis collection...  Grin

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 06:54:38 am »

Howdi! Cheesy
Whitwort Stormbringer
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »

Welcome aboard!

The difficulty will consist to convince my wife to start a new game system and minis collection...  Grin
Always the first hurdle...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: