The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 04:08:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scenario Campaign - The Wrath of Khan'ta.  (Read 4259 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« on: October 28, 2010, 04:00:25 pm »

Here's my contribution to the scenario contest - a scenario campaign of 3 linked games entitled 'The Wrath of Khan'ta'. The result in each game affects the next, so depending on what the players accomplish, the forces are likely to be fairly dynamic. The scale of these games ensures that the campaign should last a reasonable evening of gaming. Should players wish, and have time, it is recommended that afterwards they switch sides, to see how the campaign plays out from a different point of view.

Cheers everyone, feedback is appreciated, even if it's cutting it fine.

Scouting Kill

With the Fubarnii Empire growing stronger, more and more Knights are scouring the land of the Devanu blight, forcing them back from the arid plains. With each victory for the Empire the Devanu are forced to retreat from the military might, to try and establish their nest once more in comparative safety.

Retreating from the stubborn Empire’s repeated attacks, the Devanu Kopa Khan'ta has begun to dig in to the mountains. Sending his clutch to investigate the surroundings, Khan-ta plans to fortify his new nest from which to launch attacks on the hated Fubarnii. A Sempa and her charges come across a small Delgon encampment whilst scouting and seeing the opportunity to please their Kopa, they lunge in for the kill and supplies.

Forces
Devanu:
1 Sempa – matriarch.
2 Jenta

Delgon:
2 Striders
1 Acolyte
2 Bodyguards
1 Derakeer
3 Soldiers

Objectives
The Devanu player wins if he/she can collect at least 5 food tokens and escape the board. To pick up a food token, a Devanu model must come in to contact with it, at which point its current movement ends and the token is picked up. If a model carrying food tokens is killed, all tokens are dropped.
The Delgon player wins if he/she can prevent the food tokens from leaving the board for 5 turns.

Set-Up
The encounter takes place on a small playing area, approximately 4ft by 4ft. Terrain is decided upon and placed by the Delgon player, to represent the border of their territory. The Devanu player deploys 12” from a table edge of their choosing. The Delgon player then nominates a point on the opposing board edge, and deploys all Delgon models within 6 inches of it. The Delgon player then deploys 10 food tokens, each 30mm in diameter, at least 8 inches from his/her board edge, and at least 3 inches away from each other.

-----------------

A Retribution

Enraged by the attack upon food supply lines, Delgon Priest Khirkol requisitioned more armoured might to protect his fledgling domain. Determined to discern where these new raiders have come from, he has set out to find the impudent thieves, to teach them the error of their ways with the Delgon might.

Little does he know that in the time it has taken for the news to reach him of the disrupted supply lines, the Devanu have grown stronger. With ample food and room to hunt, the small clutch has expanded into a larger tribe, and Khan’ta had already sent out more and more scouting parties to secure even more food and sport.

Even so, as the Delgon force manages to pin down one of the Devanu scouting parties, the clarion call for retribution is sounded, and the Delgon charge, their aim to cut the head off the beast harassing them.

Forces
Devanu:
1 Sempa – matriarch.
3 Jenta
1 Grishak per food token gained in the previous game

Delgon:
3 Striders
1 Priest
3 Bodyguards
3 Derakeers
9 Soldiers
1 Acolyte if it survived the previous game
2 Bodyguards if they survived the previous game

Objectives
The Devanu player wins if his/her Sempa can survive.
The Delgon player wins if he/she can kill the Devanu Sempa.
The game ends once either the Sempa or 50% rounding up of Delgon models are dead.

Set-Up
The encounter takes place on a small playing area, approximately 4ft by 4ft. Terrain is decided upon and placed by the Devanu player, to represent their territory. The Delgon player deploys within 12 inches of a table edge of his/her choice. The Devanu player than deploys within 10 inches of a board corner along the opposing board edge.

-----------------

The Reckoning

Seeing his tribe slowly decimated by the almost endless waves of sturdier mountain Fubarnii, Khan’ta marshalled his forces and forged out to meet the Delgon might head on. No more did he orchestrate from the nest, for the threat was too great. With his very existence threatened yet again, Khan’ta let loose his wrath, aiming to bring death and destruction to those before his tribe.

Priest Khirkol, pleased with his success at killing the new invaders, continued to strengthen his patrols to ensure the new menace would be eradicated once and for all. Having encountered several Sempas, he is convinced that behind them all is a larger, more dangerous creature. As time has passed he grew his Delgon force, and once more set forth to lead from the front to find and bring down the menace to his lands.

Forces
Devanu:
1 Kopa
1 Sempa – matriarch if it survived the previous game
1 Jenta for each Jenta that survived the previous game
1 Grishak for each Grishak that survived the previous game

Delgon:
3 Striders, plus up to 3 Striders for each that survived the previous game
1 Priest
4 Bodyguards
4 Derakeers
3 Soldiers plus up to 9 Soldiers for each that survived the previous game

Objectives
The Devanu player wins if he/she can kill the Delgon Priest and all Bodyguards.
The Delgon player wins if he/she can kill the Devanu Kopa.

Set-Up
The encounter takes place on a small playing area, approximately 4ft by 4ft. The Delgon player and Devanu player each take turns to place a piece of terrain, up to 3 pieces each. The Delgon player deploys his/her models within 6” on the centre of the table. The Devanu player then deploys his/her models at least 24” away from any Delgon models.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 06:53:23 pm »

Sorry I never commented on these earlier!

I like the story-telling on this little campaign, and it stands alone very nicely. I'd need to play it through to have any idea how balanced it is, as I think the results from each game could heavily skew the following games. I'd probably look to temper that a bit so that the entire campaign doesn't weigh so heavily on the result of the first game. I've only included the first scenario in my shortlist of scenarios, but that kinda covers the campaign as a whole.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: