The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 01:25:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight miniatures in a new fantasy setting?  (Read 8825 times)
Inso
Jenta

« on: June 24, 2013, 10:11:09 pm »

Has anyone tried to use the rather unique Twilight miniatures outside of the game they were made for?

I am simply curious and would like to hear a bit of the fluff behind it (if indeed anyone has done it).
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:16:29 am »

A few players have talked about it on the forum with some quite nice ideas, but can't remember where the posts were...
Inso
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:23:27 am »

I've got some ideas in mind for some fluff (not game related) about a number of tribes that live in a land beset by dragons. Two of the tribes are from the Twilight miniatures range. The others are Dwarfs, Goblins and Humans.

It is likely to end up as a bit of a story with a few miniatures for illustrative purposes (eventually) but it would also work as a background for rules and a game (not something I'd sort out... but it could work).
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:59:28 pm »

Hopefully you will share your ideas here - I expect it'll be a lot of fun to see if you can keep the muse on target  Smiley
Inso
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »

It is very early days yet... and it is a first proper foray into a fantasy setting for me... but at least it will prevent me from converting all of my beautiful WoT miniatures into sci-fi troops Smiley .

I am going to use the Dhogu as a nomadic huntic tribe that lives in the cold north (perfect for the task) and standard Fubaarni as a shamanistic tribe of healers with alchemists that convert 'silver-stone' into 'power-stone' (something special Wink ). The Fubaarni are great for this because there are plenty of un-armed miniatures to act as shaman, healers and traders. There are also a few who will be perfect for a small defence force. Maybe I have been subconsciously collecting them for this very project Cheesy!

The idea is that all of the tribes are interlinked in some way so that they all have to 'get along' in order to survive in a land over-run with dragons of all shapes and sizes.

The dragons are pretty standard except that they aren't magical and don't have human speech. Also, the only dragon that breathes fire is the White Dragon who is the largest and most powerful of all the dragons.

Obviously, in a land of dragons, there will always be slayers Smiley
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:59:47 pm by Inso » Logged
Inso
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »

This is what I have started:

http://reptiliad.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm just setting the scene at the moment and hopefully, I 'll start to get some miniatures painted soon.

The Dhurni and Mhurni may well end up looking quite familiar Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:46:59 am »

That's looking good! I like how you are using the fubarnii and dhogu  Smiley
Inso
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »

I have a Fubaarni trader on the table in the process of paint, I've just primed a Dragon so I can see where it needs to be filled/fettled and I have recently finished a few Dragon Slayers:

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 10:07:28 pm »

Looking good so far!
Inso
Jenta

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:17 am »

Sorry about the poor pix, there will be better ones at a later date but here is the first of the Mhurni:

He is an Alchemist who is on his way to find the Dwarfs. You can tell he's an alchemist because he has a staff with a power-stone on it.

He'll be joined a bit later by a couple of knights to look after him on his travels and a pack animal.

This is my very first completed Twilight miniature and I already have the second one on the table Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 06:53:33 pm »

Looking good!
Is the pack animal a baruk (metal) or a belan (resin)?
Inso
Jenta

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »

I expect it will be a trader's enuk (with baggage on it's back) for no other reason than the fact I have a couple in my cupboard, ready to go (I do have a baruk but I can't remember where it is... it was one of two that I have collected for my Grymn cavalry unit).

I have a couple of the original cavalry knights to go along with the Alchemist as a guard and a captain on foot that will have an enuk nobilis as a mount (once I've added a saddle and bridle etc).

The little band will look quite motley when it is finished Smiley... especially when I add the Dwarfs Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: