The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 07:56:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fubarnii skin - GW Paints?  (Read 5368 times)
Ritualnet
Jenta

An untold story, known by all.

« on: August 25, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »

Hi, I'm about to (after 2 years!) paint the Fubarnii from the starter set, and I have armour/cloth colours set, but not sure what to pick for the colours.

What colours do people use, for the skin?

Thanks!

I've had the figures on my desk for freaking ages, and being sick of other figure games, and hoping to goad a friend into playing, decided it's time to paint the fubarnii. I wouldn't mind, but I actually enjoyed playing the Grishak too!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:21:17 am »

Well it depends where your fubarnii are from as their skin colour varies slightly from region to region for instance my guys skin is a ornage/ yellow colour ( from the great lakes region) and that is GW vomit brown but for the traditional browns I would use a base of Scorched brown and highlight up with bestial brown.
There are no rules for skin here so you can really paint whatever you want Smiley

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 12:33:39 pm »

No rules as such, but I might scowl at pink or purple  Wink
Pale browns are good, possibly with a lighter underbelly. Joe might be able to share what colours he uses on the studio paint jobs...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »

From Joe:
I use a base of the GW colour Baneblade Brown, and then a nice brown wash. I then highlight up with an increasingly lighter mix of baneblade, plus whatever the equivalent of bestial brown is to give a little more warmth. Final spot highlight of very near white and a few very light glazes of purple in the recesses and job done really  Smiley

Hopefully that might help. Although I might have to retract my comment about scowling at purple!
joek
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

Mike doesn't realise that the next batch of figures I'm doing for him are going to be drybrush pink Wink

As for the purple - I use it an awful lot with all sorts of colours. As long as it thinned to a glaze, it really does help pull things together. I use it a load on human flesh tones too. Whether or not it's particularly realistic is another matter, but it seems to work out well on minis Wink
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »

I use tausept ochre, astronomican grey & codex grey for the skin on most of my figures

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: