The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:35:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi (do fubarnii play rugby ?)  (Read 6306 times)
tusmørke
Hatchling

« on: September 17, 2013, 05:37:56 am »

Hi Worldoftwilight-forum. I'm from Scandinavia.

I did follow the last wave of releases with interest, mainly the eragu and casanii cultures.

Their original designs and long legs could possibly be used for a neat conversion idea i have in mind.
I think they could make an interesting take on a jumpy vaguely amphibian fantasy football team, which is what i plan to use them as.
The casanii makes me think of a gecko and would be pretty spot on if the hooves where changed into something more froglike.
Of course I will have to wait and see until more different eragu/casanii models become available, but from the pictures I have seen online they look to be about the right size (28-30 mm) and would hopefully work without to much Customization work
(maybe just fix the feet and slap on some shoulder pads and they are almost good to go Smiley ) ...

Of course I could also be so lucky that one of the twilight sculptors would find the idea appealing and have an interest in bringing the creatures to the green pitch ?
During the last year there have been some very successful miniature campaigns on indiegogo, where small independent miniature companies have received crowd funding to make new fantasy football miniatures. The FF community seems willing to support strong designs financially.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:10:54 am »

There was a character design competition last year and one of the entires was a mounted Fubarnii sportsman. So they do have a sports culture as well as a trading one. Also I would like to see this kickstarted or indigo-ed etc

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 12:36:36 pm »

My son, Tom, designed the sportsplaying Fubarnii. We keep thinking we should work out some rules for the game!
 Huh
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »

Hi tusmørke!

I've always had a soft spot for Bloodbowl... No plans to do a 'fantasy football' team, although I have been tempted. The protofubarnii test sculpt I did earlier this year has a much more amphibian feel to it, but it'll be a while before I do many more. The casanii will get some attention at some point, but the new baby has rather limited my sculpting time of late. The Casanii and Eragu are approximately human sized, being quite a lot larger than the normal fubarnii.

I think the Devanu would work pretty much as they are with a suitable paintjob - they already have open hands and scraps of armour so wouldn't need much converting if you wanted a couple of larger players.

I have other projects that would probably get the crowdfunding treatment first, although it's not a bad idea  Smiley
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 05:44:07 pm »

I have other projects that would probably get the crowdfunding treatment first

Do share  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 10:01:06 pm »

I have other projects that would probably get the crowdfunding treatment first
Do share  Grin
There's a little range of figures that I've got Mark working on - I'm vaguely pondering if a small kickstarter would be a good way to release them. Might work well for the big resin critter.
Then there's Book 3 I want to release, not to mention Twilight Mk2. They are both in the pipeline, but delayed a bit until the baby is a little older and I have the time to do them properly!
I am sending some sculpts off to the casters tomorrow though, so there will be new things to see soon  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 06:32:15 am »

Ooo coolies, sounds interesting Cheesy
tusmørke
Hatchling

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »

Ok, no indiegogo. then I will have to convert : )
my plan is to use the eragu warriors for linemen and the eragu captain for blitzers.
(when will the original resin eragu come back ? cant see him anywhere on the ebay shop ?)
Roban the hunter could pass as a kroxigor/big guy and the casanii as catchers.

could you possibly post a picture of the eragu next to a casanii and roban ?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 07:10:16 pm »

The original resin eragu will probably only be available at shows (or if you ask me nicely). He's identical to components used in the metal versions though. They'll be very easy to convert - just one hand to figure out.
I'll try to do you a family shot showing all the different fubarnii (and enarii) races.
tusmørke
Hatchling

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 08:04:47 pm »

Thanks  Smiley

What I meant to say were that I thought there were 3 different metal eragu sculpts but i can only see 2 in the shop ?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:04:39 pm by tusmørke » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 11:56:35 am »

3 different bodies (captain plus two troops), 2 right hands (open and closed) and 3 weapon hands (big axe, small axe and harpoon). They are sold as one set containing a pair of troops and the captain separately. The resin model had one of the trooper bodies and the big axe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: