The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:05:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skaven Rat Ogres!  (Read 7178 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 29, 2011, 02:38:37 am »

Well the Island of blood skaven have taken up like 100% of my painting time :/ but I thought It'd be cool to show you guys some end results Cheesy

Well i'll add the clan rats when im finished Cheesy and weapon teams and characters left Cheesy stay tuned!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:44:18 am by Megatron0 » Logged

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:34:58 am »

Looking good.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 09:48:20 am »

They really are impressive plastics!
Good paint job as well - we've got some very talented people here  Smiley
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 11:16:31 am »

I hate the models, but the paintjob is very nice indeed. For me, though, a lot of GW's new stuff has taken "over the top" and strapped rockets onto it.

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:03:02 pm »

Wow, very nice!

The newest Skaven was/is the only WHFB army I have ever been moved enough by to collect a force of. Considering I have never played, and am not interested in playing, that's quite an achievement! But I loved that the new Skaven are actually small and rat-like for the first time ever, and they pushed me to buy the IoB set (just the Skaven though, not the rest of the box), the new Stormvermin and virtually all the new metal characters. I also don't like plastic models either, but again the new Skaven look spectacular, and are by far the best GW plastics IMO; they have a lot of crisp detail, movement and character, and don't look disproportioned or static. I plan on using them for WHQ and AHQ at some time in the future... Sigh, so many projects!

As for your rat ogres, I'd suggest adding a slight highlight to the green cable on the one with the fist spike; it will help tie the green in to the other Warpstone colours you've used.

I really like the flesh colours though, they look really good!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »

As for your rat ogres, I'd suggest adding a slight highlight to the green cable on the one with the fist spike; it will help tie the green in to the other Warpstone colours you've used.

The Cable was interesting for me because I do usually highlight everything but when I painted this I was like "Im just going for the flat green"  very strange indeed... Just felt like I had to leave it at that. It does have some darker elements to it, only a little, but the camera pic doesnt show it.

Thanks for all the comments Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: