The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 02:32:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strider Captain stats?  (Read 9134 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 05:11:54 am »

The chainlink rule seems a bit hard to use as in larger battles you will activate a lot of miniatures in the same turn.
You not only have to remember who you already activated but also in what sequence (perhaps the cards can bring some solace here though.
I like the change from captain too veteran.
He seems more efficient and easier to handle compared too the common strider, and that makes sense as well.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
NickH
Jenta

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 08:52:40 am »

I should also have commented on pack/cadre as skills. The idea behind them was to show the units all acting coherently and almost instinctively as a group. When a pack of hyenas attack, they might wait for the alpha to initiate, but from then on they are playing their role, acting as a pack without following individual orders. As with all rules it is a bit abstracted, but it has advantages - you can string the pack out to circle the target rather than having to stay as a unit (a pack of Grishak can move very differently to a unit of militia). A sempa can tell the pack what to do rather than having to tell each Grishak individually.
They could work with a form of Authority style skill, but I like the flexibility of the current approach. Authority could work for the Striders, but I liked the idea of them not needing specific leaders and captains - hence the cadre ability.
What do you think?
I see the difference between, say Pack(1) and Pack(2) being:
  • Pack(1), everyone must act together, it's simply follow the leader
  • Pack(2), the activation group can do two different things, EG one lot directly pursue the enemy, the second could shoot missiles or take a short cut to set an ambush Etc.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 09:08:59 am »

The next question is whether 'Pack' is even the right skill at all for the Grishak Kopa. It works as it is, but there might be a better solution. Possibly it needs something like 'Pack Leader' instead (a new ability that I've just made up), so that it can activate several models with Pack, but not be activated by other models with Pack... The Veteran KalMalog is still notionally an equal with the other KalMalog, but that certainly isn't the case for the Kopa!
NickH
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 09:34:46 am »

I think Pack could still work for a Grishak Kopa.

What's happening is that one of the lesser Grishak spots food or a threat and starts to act or give a warning, the Kopa notices this and gets the entire pack to take action.
This is where the difference between Pack(1) and Pack(2)/Pack(N) comes in, if there is no Kopa the entire pack must charge (or run away), if there is a Kopa the pack can act as a a group of small packs rather than a single pack/flock to best deal with whatever is happening.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: