The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:28:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Journey Home  (Read 3916 times)
hithero
Jenta

« on: April 05, 2014, 10:31:58 am »

THE JOURNEY HOME
For this game we replaced the Empire with Delgon as that’s the models we have, the force consisted of a NuraSen, NuraLehn, 2x KalDreman, 2x Kaldru, 6x KalGarkii, 1x Veteran KalMalog, 2x KalMalog and a Beran and handler.  The Devanu were as per the scenario, Kopa, Sempa, 3x Grishak.

Caravan and Guard

The Striders leave the gate – a REALLY old castle set bought from Games Workshop when they still sold Runequest and other games, yes older than some of you Smiley

Troops move into position on turn 1

The positions after turn 2.  Two Grishak’s were launched like snipers taking down the Beast Handler and a Bodyguard after she jumped in front of the Priest.  The Sempa also despatched a couple of warriors, a bad start for the Delgon.  We have found Assassinate to be a very important skill, without it models could easily escape by moving after the charge and before the fight takes place.

More slaughter on turn 3, the Grishak and Sempa tear into the Delgon and survive a blast from point blank range from the KalDru.  The Striders close in as the Belan guard are getting whittled away by a Grishak.

Turn 4 saw a Strider Assassinate a Grishak as the other 2 take down the Grishak by the house closing in on the Sempa who dispatched one KalGarkii.  The Devanu Kopa finishes off the stray caravan guards and the Belan wanders off.

On turn 5 my 2 Striders and 3 KalGarkii surrounded the Sempa but did not have initiative for the fight meaning that the Devanu Sempa could nominate a normal warrior for the fight resulting in the Striders only being able to support  but the Devanu still went down  due to the extra dice and re-rolls Combat Trained and Overdrive allowed (or so I thought at the time).  The Devanu Kopa failed to kill the Belan even after burning through 5 Stamina and it carries on as if nothing had happened, these Belan are one tough beastie!
So a victory to the Delgon, but not deserved as I have just checked the rules to find that supporting models cannot use their special abilities when supporting, one to remember for next time.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 03:32:39 pm »

Thanks for sharing, looks like you had a fun game.
Even if you got the rules wrong.

And Runequest, ... long time ago. I remember the tower with the dragon on top, even before Warhammer quest. Good times  Smiley

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:24:38 am »

Sounds like a good game! Thanks for sharing  Smiley

On the final, critical combat...
2 striders and 3 kalgarkii vs a devanu sempa. When the sempa attacked a kalgarkii, the striders didn't have to use their combat action to support. They could watch the poor soldier get eaten, then one of them could initiate a new combat and force the sempa to fight again. If you had plenty of stamina available on the striders you could even split that further and have each strider attack separately, one with 2 kalgarkii supporting and one with only 1. The sempa would get her full set of stones for each combat, but there is a good chance it would tire her out, so that is probably the tactic I would go for...
hithero
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 09:16:21 am »

A'h good point, the Devanu Sempa would have died anyway then.  There's a lot of mind-adjusting to do with this game as it is so different, normally you would have one big fight in any other set of rules and it's difficult to get that out of your head.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 10:07:09 am »

Great write up and thanks for the pics - good to see! You're quite right, playing WoT is a different style of thinking to a lot of games out there. Very simple mechanics so anyone can pick it up real fast, but the devil is in the detail.

hithero
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 10:35:09 am »

And the good thing about batrep's is that you and anyone else reading, can be told if you are playing wrong and pointers made Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »

Great sounding game, thanks for sharing. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: