The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 04:50:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Krypto's Wild life  (Read 14886 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 19, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »

My first WoT miniatures, I ordered these at Hasslefree during the kickstarter, just to see the quality and size of the miniatures.
The paintjob is a bit bobbly sometimes as I used these to try out paintschemes.
The Enuk Nobilis is the first of a herd and I plan to do some small conversions to bring some variety.

Hope you like them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:59:50 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 03:38:07 pm »

Looking good! I particularly like your colours on the Enuk  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:05:13 pm »

Looking good! I particularly like your colours on the Enuk  Smiley
Thanks, glad you like them.
For the Enuk I tried a lot of different schemes on paper.
Since I will play most games in my upcoming forest terrain I tried some more natural colours at first (greens, browns and soft orange/yellow). But that way all my animals would look the same.
So I thought by myself: "it's a nobilis"! So he is probably bred for attractive colours to make it stand out.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
hithero
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:55:40 pm »

Very nice colour schemes, something I was struggling with, everything was ending up as some kind of brown shade.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 06:08:40 pm »

My next colouring challenge is for the Kelahn... I've assembled myself a copy to have a play, but I'm open to suggestions!
joek
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 09:02:48 pm »

And considering I have to paint 'em, any thoughts will be appreciated by me also!!!
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 09:42:03 pm »

Dirty khaki mottled with a darker brown at the end of the limbs, head and back I'd reckon.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 08:19:28 am »

Looking good, love the colours on the enuk.

For the Khalan, its a predator so perhaps again it could have some brighter, stronger colours for display and what not. What about yellows & reds?
hithero
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 08:21:34 am »

I've not seen any striped creatures yet, so as the Kelahan is different to any other in look, how about a soft brown with deep red Tiger stripes?
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 09:43:32 am »

When looking for colours to put on my animals I find myself often looking at pokemon.
It is a bit silly perhaps, but there are some excellent combinations there.
So I think I would go for one of these:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:20:48 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 10:17:12 am »

Interesting approach with the Pokemon!  Would you like a Kelahn to test out a paintscheme on? Send me a message if you would.

Chris has summed up the sort of thing I was thinking of. The whip-tailed Kelahn lives in the argoran wastes, so that will guide the colours.
The stub-tailed (hendreek) Kelahn lives in the forests, so might be more brightly coloured...
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 08:58:53 am »

Finished this Devanu Sempa last night.
I went for a green skin as I like my miniatures to be forest-based. So it seems only natural for a predator to change skin-colour a bit over a large period of time.

The base is a bit crowded as I wanted her to look as if she just sprung from the forest to assail her prey.
I'm not entirely happy with her, but I can't put my finger on it. Time will probably tell.
The pictures aren't as sharp as they should be, I should try a different setting on my camera next time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:40:32 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 09:21:06 am »

That's a lovely model! I like the crowded base and the darker skin tone (there's a tend towards darker devanu this week!).
I think it works great as it is. It's possible you could try to add a bright contrasting colour somehow - flowers or even some body paint on the devanu herself. Have you got more devanu to paint after this one?
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:42 am »

Thanks!
I've still got a kopa to go Smiley, but first I'll do some Grishak and then perhaps some Delgon so I have a basic to start playing with.
The idea of the flowers is a nice one, I'll try that out.
I played with the idea of tattoos or bodypaint. But since she already has clothing and scales in different hues and colours I fear it may be a bit too much.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 03:14:39 pm »

Finished the first of my grishak horde, two more to go for now.
I did a rather simple and quick paintjob one it as I am going to paint a lot of them when my KS pledge arrives.
The colour scheme isn't really mine, as I adapted Laughing Ferret's schem to suit my force better (his are far better painted anyway  Wink)
What I liked so much about them is how he painted them as crocodiles on two legs  Smiley.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: