The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 02:44:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slann's other stuff  (Read 4374 times)
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« on: November 18, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »

We'll, here some other stuff. Mostly 40k, as this is still my major game system. Although I got stuck in 6th Edition and refuse throwing out 60 Euro for the Psychic Phase.

So here we go, a friends birthday present first, Shadowcaptain Korvidae

I know the face looks super pale. it is. So you just see the details live, not with my shitty camera.

We'll the whole miniature was more or less just a lot of patience with the good old white. Turned out neatly though, not 10 percent clean, but he's also on a desert world. so pffft Wink

Here the album link:
http://at.fotoalbum.eu/TheSlann/a831804/

cheers
The Slann
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:15:14 pm »

That's definitely a dramatic looking model! Not a healthy complexion, but it works for the model. Smiley
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:26:20 pm »

Healthy? How could a Space Marine not be healthy? Despite maybe mental... or well...

Wink
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »

Okay, one more for today, about 2 years old, that fella, and was a commission work (I finished Korvidae 15 Minutes ago in comparison Wink )

Just for showing of a bit what is possible with an airbrush Wink

http://at.fotoalbum.eu/TheSlann/a744734

Wich is what I want to try on the future terrain I'm building (pringles can is already next to me) and maybe the Big Guy

cheers
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 07:46:45 am »

Good looking figures! Nice work especially on the white - it's always one of the hardest to paint with a smooth finish.

I look forward to seeing what you do on some Anyaral: WoT miniatures soon!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:49:33 am »

They look very good. Nice work on the green glow, I never managed to make it look like it should.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »

@TuffSkull: Thx, yeah, it was surprisingly easy. But now I'm thinking about where I could apply it on WoT minis. Maybe the noble guard... well well..

@Kryptovidicus: Thx, too. For the green glow you need a super good airbrush with a 0.1-0.2mm nozzle, and a lot of practice and patience. First, apply a bit of white on the finished mini, whereas needed, then the bright glow color. In this case good old scorpion green.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: